BATON ROUGE, La. -- Our weekly look at LSU's top 10 performers this season up to this point:
1. LB Kevin Minter: The junior kept up a prolific tackling season with seven more against Alabama, giving him 82 tackles to go with his fifth pass broken up.
2. DE Sam Montgomery: Flexing his big-play muscle, Montgomery got his fifth sack and 10th tackle for loss of the season against Alabama. Both are team highs. He added his first fumble recovery of the season.
3. FS Eric Reid: Reid had seven tackles, giving him 57 tackles for the season to go with two interceptions. He played through the pain of a sternum injury for another solid performance against the Crimson Tide.
4. RB Jeremy Hill: Picked up his third straight 100-yard rushing game against Alabama to take the team lead with 429 rushing yards on the season.
5. LT Josh Dworaczyk: Since he's come back from injury, LSU's offensive line has played its best football, taking it to Alabama in Saturday's loss.
6. QB Zach Mettenberger: LSU's quarterback has not been on this list, but after going 24-for-35 for 298 yards and a touchdown, it's time for the junior to take a spot in the top 10.
7. DE Barkevious Mingo: The production of the player who is supposed to be the school's best NFL prospect isn't up to the hype (25 tackles, 3 sacks, 4.5 tackles for loss) but he's still a player opponents are having to account for.
8. P Brad Wing: Averaged 49 yards on four punt attempts against Alabama. For all the talk of his dip in production compared to a season ago, he's averaging a solid 45.5 yards a punt with 15 inside the 20.
9. Odell Beckham, Jr.: LSU's big-play threat, Beckham's healthy 16.4 yards-per-catch average is a huge component for the LSU offense going forward. If Mettenberger continues to connect with his receivers, including his best deep threat, it's hard to imagine any remaining Tigers opponent being able to contend with the running game.
10. CB Tharold Simon: LSU is usually a solid coverage team and Simon's solid play is a big reason why.