SEC lunchtime links
- LSU offensive lineman Fehoko Fanaika is pretty versatile off the field, with a passion for music and ability to play guitar, piano, trumpet and ukulele.
- Alabama recruits coast to coast and has commitments from prospects in 10 different states in the current class. The geographic midpoint of the 2015 class so far? Northport, Alabama.
- Now that the NCAA rules allow coaches some access to players in the summer, Auburn is tweaking its summer workouts.
- Texas A&M scored two commitments on Thursday -- one from highly touted receiver DaMarkus Lodge and another from Lodge's high school teammate, outside linebacker Richard Moore.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban denied giving Bill Belichick a copy of the New York Jets' playbook after Rex Ryan provided him with one.
- Vanderbilt picked up a commitment on Thursday from Sam Dobbs, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound tight end out of Atlanta
- A look at five seniors in the SEC West who must step up in 2014.
- Ole Miss landed a transfer wide receiver, former Washington player Damore'ea Stringfellow, a 6-foot-3, 229-pound California product who was an ESPN 300 recruit in the 2013 recruiting class.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said Thursday that he expects Damiere Byrd, Kane Whitehurst and Rory Anderson, who are all recovering from injuries, to be healthy and ready for the 2014 season.
- LSU left tackle La'el Collins will have an insurance policy again this year, but possibly higher than the $5 million policy he had last season. Collins, who will be a senior, bypassed the NFL draft to return for his senior season with the Tigers.
LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Mississippi Rebels, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Nick Saban, Fehoko Fanaika, La'El Collins, Rory Anderson, Damiere Byrd, Damarkus Lodge, Damore'ea Stringfellow, Kane Whitehurst, RIchard Moore
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Shea Dixon retweeted
- Glenn Guilbeau retweeted
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- Dandy Don LSU Sports retweeted
- Shea Dixon retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38