SEC lunchtime links
April, 10, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Plenty going on as spring practices continue in the SEC. We have pro days, coaching talk, players adapting to new positions and even reality TV news in today's lunch links:
- LSU hosted its pro day on Wednesday and one of the focal points was Zach Mettenberger, who is coming off a knee injury and was donning pads and a helmet for his pro day, a la Johnny Manziel. Jarvis Landry also performed, Jeremy Hill tried to move on from the past and though he did no drills, Odell Beckham Jr. also impressed.
- Former Alabama quarterback and NFL draft hopeful AJ McCarron got engaged to his girlfriend, Katherine Webb, last week. Now it appears their nuptials will be part of a reality TV show.
- Auburn product Greg Robinson, one of the highest-rated players in the upcoming NFL draft, has visited only three teams but is still garnering positive buzz about his stock.
- Auburn's Brandon King has moved to boundary safety this spring and has found himself much more comfortable than a season ago.
- Bear Bryant's original employment contract with Texas A&M was recently discovered and put on display at a ceremony this week. His salary was $15,000 per year plus 1 percent of ticket sales.
- Arkansas hired E.K. Franks as its director of recruiting. He was previously the associate head coach and running backs coach at Southeastern Louisiana.
- Georgia is getting used to a different coaching arrangement for special teams than Mark Richt previously had, operating this spring with co-coordinators Mike Ekeler and John Lilly.
- Josh Harvey-Clemons, who was dismissed from the Georgia squad, plans to transfer to Louisville.
- Missouri scored a commitment from quarterback Drew Lock, the highest-ranked passer out of the state of Missouri since Blaine Gabbert.
- Kentucky freshman receiver T.V. Williams may be small in stature, but one teammate says "Don't let the size fool you," about his big-play ability.
- Tennessee running back Marlin Lane continues to work through an injured hand and has showed the maturity and consistency that coaches wanted to see from the senior.
- Ole Miss is feeling confident coming out of spring.
- The move to free safety for Mississippi State's Justin Cox has been a welcome one so far.
Black Friday shopping lists for SEC teams
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama