SEC lunchtime links
- Lane Kiffin has been called a lot of things over recent years. Alabama receiver Amari Cooper calls his new offensive coordinator "player friendly."
- Georgia begins spring practice on Tuesday. With a new coordinator in charge (Jeremy Pruitt), defense will be the something fans will keep an eye on. While it's "wide open" according to Pruitt, here's a stab at the pre-spring defensive depth chart.
- Auburn's set at quarterback this fall with Nick Marshall returning, but what could be in store when sophomore backup Jeremy Johnson steps in? He says "more passing" could be the formula in 2015 and beyond.
- Spring football is underway for Arkansas. Here are five key questions for the Razorbacks, who are trying to improve on a rough 2013.
- Florida receiver Andre Debose, who was recently granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA, was involved -- but not arrested -- in a fight Saturday night that led to gunshots being fired according to the Gainesville Police Department. According to the brief, Debose was pushed into a window after an argument.
- LSU's top receivers from 2013 have departed for the NFL, so a pair of young receivers -- Travis Dural and John Diarse -- must step up as a result.
- Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief's strong NFL combine performance could give him a chance to sneak into the first round of the NFL draft, but other factors must be taken into account that could prevent that.
- Maty Mauk is Missouri's starting quarterback, but Gary Pinkel said "it's all about competition," and that the sophomore who was 3-1 as a starter last year is the starter "right now."
- Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie breaks down the Volunteers' running backs.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Mississippi Rebels, Tennessee Volunteers, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Donte Moncrief, John Diarse, Andre Debose, Amari Cooper, Jeremy Johnson, Gary Pinkel, Jeremy Pruitt, Travis Dural, Robert Gillespie
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- SEC Sports retweeted
- LSU Tigers Football retweeted
- SEC Sports retweeted
- Michael Bonnette retweeted
- LSU Football retweeted
- Shea Dixon retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38