SEC's lunch links
February, 3, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
The day after the Super Bowl is always depressing for football fans. It’s the last real game until the college season starts again in August. But maybe a look around the SEC in today’s lunch links will be just the thing to pick you up.
- Former Auburn running back Tre Mason has big ambitions. He's set his sights on the first round of the NFL draft after signing with an agent.
- Jesse Williams didn't have to play a snap to become the first Australian-born player to ever win the Super Bowl. He and fellow Seahawk James Carpenter weren't the first former Alabama players to win the prize, though.
- Former Florida star Percy Harvin shook off an extended layoff to shine in the Super Bowl, but his performance didn’t surprise those who knew him well.
- At the ripe age of 50, the fax machine has seen its usefulness go largely by the wayside. E-mail, cell phones and other pieces of technology have outpaced the fax in recent years. So why exactly does the machine still dominate signing day?
- With just two days left before signing day, the nation’s No. 1 recruit Leonard Fournette is ready to sign with LSU and take ‘BUGA Nation’ with him to Baton Rouge.
- With all of the recent coaching changes in Athens, it wouldn't have been a surprise to see Georgia take a hit on the recruiting trail. But now it looks as though the class might fare better because of it.
- As Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and his staff hit the home stretch of the recruiting season, they do so knowing that they'll return to campus without a member of their 2013 recruiting class.
- Sheldon Richardson was never one to pipe down. The former Missouri defensive lineman, known for calling the SEC "old-man football," backed up all his talk with a huge rookie season in the NFL.
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- SEC Sports retweeted
- Mike Scarborough retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky