SEC lunchtime links
January, 24, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
We've come to the end of the work week. But first, a quick look around the SEC.
- Auburn's Chris Davis is out to prove he's more than the one play that defined his season during Senior Bowl week in Mobile.
- The Tigers are in good position at offensive guard with a handful of players returning to The Plains and no one leaving.
- Ryan Perrilloux is back playing football, this time with the New Orleans Voodoo. Once thought to be a rising star at LSU, the quarterback has bounced around from Jacksonville State to the Canadian Football League.
- How awesome would it have been if this worked? One Atlanta area high school coach had both Steve Spurrier and Dabo Swinney show up on his campus at the same time, and while they were there he posed an interesting challenge to the two rivals: a wrestling match.
- Missouri redshirt freshman wide receiver Levi Copelin was arrested for disturbing the peace, a misdemeanor. A team spokesman says the matter will be handled internally.
- The submissions could get really interesting. Mississippi State is asking fans to submit their ideas for putting the final touches on the renovation of Davis Wade Stadium.
- Is Sammie Epps the next Evan Engram? Ole Miss coaches hope so as the incoming freshman is expected to transition from wide receiver to tight end in Oxford.
- Derek Mason's hirings at Vanderbilt seem to suggest the Commodores will run a 3-4 defense in 2014.
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Shea Dixon retweeted
- Glenn Guilbeau retweeted
- LSU Football retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41