SEC lunchtime links
- Nearly 30 SEC players have announced plans to enter the NFL draft early.
- The State's Neil White ranks the SEC teams hit hardest by NFL draft early entries, with LSU and South Carolina leading the way.
- Jeremy Pruitt brings a “you get what you earn” mentality to his job -- which is now defensive coordinator at Georgia -- according to his former boss, Rush Propst.
- ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing for the head coaching job at Vanderbilt.
- Kentucky football recruit Matt Elam's practice jersey from the Army All-American Bowl was listed for sale on eBay, but the seller canceled the auction because of the attention it generated online.
- Quarterback Jeff Driskel is excited about the up-tempo offense Kurt Roper plans to install at Florida.
- Houston Texans owner Bob McNair, a South Carolina graduate, is talking up Gamecocks star Jadeveon Clowney with his franchise holding the first pick in the upcoming NFL draft.
- Defensive coordinator Chris Ash -- now co-defensive coordinator at Ohio State -- became the second former Wisconsin assistant to leave Bret Bielema's Arkansas staff after their first season with the Razorbacks.
- Tony Brown's signing is a boon for both Alabama football and track.
- High school coaches in Tennessee say it will be difficult for James Franklin's successor at Vanderbilt to match his work as a recruiter.
- Mississippi State offensive coordinator Les Koenning will reportedly leave Starkville to become receivers coach at Texas.
- Auburn's Shon Coleman is trying to turn raw potential into a starter's role.
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron will skip the Senior Bowl, which is played in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bryan Burwell writes that Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham's poor decisions cloud his future.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, AJ McCarron, James Franklin, Dorial Green-Beckham, Jadeveon Clowney, Jeff Driskel, Tony Brown, Bret Bielema, Jeremy Pruitt, Kurt Roper, Bob McNair, Brian Schottenheimer, Les Koenning, Rush Propst, Shon Coleman
Saturday's top plays in the SEC
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- LSUsports.net retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
9:23 2nd Qtr 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 17 0:55 1st Qtr Western Carolina 7 1 Alabama 10 7:00 PM ET Samford 14 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 20 Missouri Tennessee 7:30 PM ET Vanderbilt 4 Mississippi State Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37