SEC lunchtime links
November, 27, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
We’re just a day away from Thanksgiving and the first SEC game of the week. It’s a good time to check out what’s going on around the league.
- Saturday’s Iron Bowl will feature two defenses that clamp down in the red zone.
- Auburn leads the SEC in rushing, but the Tigers are preparing to face the "best we've played" in Alabama's run defense.
- Missouri running back Henry Josey is closing in on 1,000 yards, a milestone many thought would never happen after he suffered a brutal knee injury two years ago.
- Connor Shaw will play his final home game Saturday, and win or lose he might go down as the best quarterback to ever play for South Carolina.
- LSU has several juniors who could leave early for the NFL draft, but head coach Les Miles hopes they learn from the draft mistakes of their predecessors.
- It was reported that Johnny Manziel would make a decision on whether or not he would declare for the 2014 NFL draft before Texas A&M’s bowl game, but Kevin Sumlin says he doesn’t know when that decision will come.
- Get to know Hutson Mason, Georgia’s new quarterback, in a Q&A with reporters.
- Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease might be coaching his last game this weekend, but he believes he deserves another chance with the Gators.
- Both Ole Miss and Mississippi State will attempt to lock down momentum in Thursday’s Egg Bowl.
- Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs remains "extremely confident" despite recent struggles.
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Lsu Tigers #7 Purple Football Game Jersey
- SEC Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Bowling Green Tennessee TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD UTEP Arkansas TBD Louisville Auburn TBD New Mexico State Florida TBD Louisiana-Monroe Georgia TBD Louisiana-Lafayette Kentucky TBD McNeese State LSU TBD Southeast Missouri State Missouri TBD Tennessee-Martin Ole Miss TBD Mississippi State Southern Miss TBD Arizona State Texas A&M TBD Western Kentucky Vanderbilt