SEC lunchtime links
- He's Alabama's best defensive player and maybe the Crimson Tide's best player, period. This year, linebacker C.J. Mosley has made the most of his senior season and not held anything back -- not even his on-field demeanor.
- With a spread offense, there isn't always a spot for a fullback or H-back, but there is in Gus Malzahn's scheme and Jay Prosch has been a real key to the success of the Auburn running game this season.
- Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had a huge day in the Tigers' last victory, catching seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky. Could that be a sign of things to come for the sophomore?
- Jadeveon Clowney might not be the only Gamecocks player declaring for early entry into the NFL draft. Two other defensive starters -- defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles and cornerback Victor Hampton -- will consider the option after the season.
- Despite what others on campus might say or feel, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking to his original proclamation of "anytime, anywhere," when it comes to playing in-state rival Texas and thinks at some point in time, it will happen.
- Coaches often emphasize rushing the passer and protecting their own quarterback as keys to winning. LSU's Les Miles is no different, noting the Tigers have to do that this weekend.
- With Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott dealing with injuries, Mississippi State freshman Damian Williams could make his first start at quarterback on Saturday for the Bulldogs.
- Jordan Matthews continues to set records and the Vanderbilt receiver is on the verge of setting another this weekend against Tennessee.
- With Skyler Mornhinweg possibly set to start for an injured Tyler Murphy at quarterback, the Gators backup is a senior walk-on and scout team quarterback, Christian Provancha.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Texas A&M Aggies, C.J. Mosley, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Russell, Dorial Green-Beckham, Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles, Jay Prosch, Damian Williams, Victor Hampton, Dak Prescott, Christian Provancha
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Shea Dixon retweeted
- Glenn Guilbeau retweeted
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- Dandy Don LSU Sports retweeted
- Shea Dixon retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38