SEC lunchtime links
November, 18, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Another wild weekend of SEC football is in the books. Let's take a look at what's being talked about around the league on Monday:
- Auburn's miracle pass and catch to defeat Georgia on Saturday is a play that will stick in the memories of fans for a long time. But for Nick Marshall, it isn't the first time he has completed a desperation heave in the final minute of a game for a win, as his junior college coach recalls.
- In the loss to Auburn on Saturday, Georgia allowed 30 or more than points for the seventh time. After giving up 566 yards and 43 points to the Tigers, coach Mark Richt was asked how satisfied he was with defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and the defensive staff but didn't tip his hand.
- The Alabama offense was plenty frustrated after the 20-7 win over Mississippi State, and the group says it can use this as reason to focus moving forward.
- Missouri was off this weekend but is still in control of its own destiny in the SEC East title chase. A breakdown of where the Tigers are.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier isn't overlooking non-conference opponent Coastal Carolina this week, noting that "It counts the same as the Clemson game on our record."
- LSU coach Les Miles said he doesn't listen to outside criticism, he's just getting his team ready for Texas A&M.
- Ole Miss quarterback Barry Brunetti has primarily been an option in the running game when inserted but now is becoming a passing threat for the Rebels.
- Vanderbilt has been winning the turnover battle lately, with 16 takeaways in its last four games. If that continues, it could be the difference when the Commodores face Tennessee.
- Speaking of the Vols, they need to win their final two games if they hope to get to a bowl game.
- Kentucky's offense hasn't been what some hoped, but much of that has to do with a couple of key components the Wildcats are missing.
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's LSU Tigers Purple Football Practice Legend T-Shirt
- LSUsports.net retweeted
- Dandy Don LSU Sports retweeted
- LSUsports.net retweeted
- Shea Dixon retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU