SEC's lunch links
November, 14, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
This week has been a football lover's dream with every day except Monday featuring a good game on television. Tonight it's Georgia Tech at No. 8 Clemson and Marshall at Tulsa.
- Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley missed two big opportunities to intercept passes against LSU this past weekend. "You hear practice makes you perfect," he said, "but I catch everything in practice and don't catch them in the game."
- Auburn's Robenson Therezie struggled to crack the rotation at cornerback last season, due in part to his trouble in zone coverage. He's always been good at man-to-man so new defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson moved Therezie into a hybrid role where he's flourished.
- Kevin Sumlin has created a culture at Texas A&M where results speak loudest. That idea has translated into the receiving corps finding strength -- and playing time -- in numbers.
- Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley confirmed his support for head football coach Will Muschamp, saying he was "1,000 percent" behind him.
- Mississippi State fab freshman Chris Jones has progressed after moving to defensive tackle. He may have only one sack, but he leads his team in quarterback hurries.
- Kentucky needs a leader. Its quarterback, Jalen Whitlow, is trying to be just that.
- Georgia's defense has gotten sick and tired of hearing how well Auburn's offense will do against it on Saturday. Jordan Jenkins went home and was told how "Nick Marshall's going to shake you, how they're going to put up 40 on us." How Jenkins and the Georgia run defense plays will dictate just how many points are scored.
- Les Miles isn't letting last weekend's loss at Alabama get him too down. LSU's coach said his program is "terribly close to being in the game."
- Expect James Franklin to start at quarterback for Missouri on Saturday. But as coach Gary Pinkel said, "Maty [Mauk] will definitely play. There's no question about that."
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Lsu Tigers #7 Purple Football Game Jersey
- SEC Sports retweeted
- Randy Rosetta retweeted
- Dandy Don LSU Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Bowling Green Tennessee TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD UTEP Arkansas TBD Louisville Auburn TBD New Mexico State Florida TBD Louisiana-Monroe Georgia TBD Louisiana-Lafayette Kentucky TBD McNeese State LSU TBD Southeast Missouri State Missouri TBD Tennessee-Martin Ole Miss TBD Mississippi State Southern Miss TBD Arizona State Texas A&M TBD Western Kentucky Vanderbilt