SEC lunchtime links
November, 4, 2013
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Here we go. It's Alabama-LSU week, which is typically one of the most heavily hyped weeks of the SEC season. This one isn't quite the same as some in the recent past, but it still ranks among the nation's biggest games.
- After a ho-hum Saturday around the SEC, Alabama-LSU week is here.
- Las Vegas isn't giving the Tigers much of a chance, however. Alabama is a double-digit favorite on Saturday.
- The (Baton Rouge) Advocate's Matthew Harris writes that LSU will trek to Alabama for its latest test of faith.
- Auburn's Anthony Swain was accused of faking an injury Saturday against Arkansas, but defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said he suffered a legitimate knee injury.
- With two plays, South Carolina's Mike Davis showed why he's a 2014 Heisman hopeful.
- Speaking of the Heisman, the defending trophy winner -- his name is Johnny Manziel ... maybe you've heard of him -- appears set to make a late push for the award again.
- Personal loss is a heavy burden for Kentucky's Jojo Kemp.
- Mississippi State's Dan Mullen applauds a new NCAA recruiting rule.
- After falling to 4-4 with Saturday's loss to Georgia, Florida is now focused on reaching bowl eligibility.
- Georgia hopes to look more like Jekyll and less like Hyde down the stretch.
- Tennessee looks to regroup before hosting Auburn.
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Distant Replays Men's LSU Tigers Purple Vault T-Shirt
- Mike Scarborough retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU