SEC lunchtime links
- As Alabama heads into its bye week, the Crimson Tide remain atop the BCS standings. However, the focus this week is on “maintaining discipline, improving our team,” Nick Saban says. They will host LSU in their first game back.
- It was a crushing defeat for Missouri on Saturday, and although the dream season might be over, there is still a lot to play for including the SEC East title.
- Starting quarterback Nick Marshall practiced Sunday, but there’s a chance that Auburn will have to turn to freshman Jeremy Johnson this weekend when the Tigers visit Arkansas.
- Saturday’s Texas A&M-Vanderbilt game featured the SEC’s top two wide receivers -- Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews. Although the Aggies won, 56-24, Matthews broke the league record for career receiving yards.
- After the win over Vanderbilt, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel spoke to the media and said he intended to play against Vanderbilt all week.
- LSU’s offense, which put up 672 yards on Saturday, was enough to hide some of the team’s flaws in a 48-16 win over Furman.
- Connor Shaw battled both a knee sprain and the flu to lead the Gamecocks past Missouri in double overtime. It was a legendary performance from the South Carolina quarterback.
- Tennessee’s performance at Alabama wasn’t pretty, but the goal of reaching a bowl game is still very much in play for the Volunteers.
- Florida and Georgia have both been dealt their fair share of injuries this season, but after South Carolina’s win on Saturday, they’re both still very much in contention for the SEC East.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze rested multiple starters in Saturday’s win over Idaho as the Rebels head into a the bye week looking to get healthy. They return to SEC play Nov. 9 against Arkansas.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Auburn Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Missouri Tigers, Nick Saban, Connor Shaw, Jordan Matthews, Jeremy Johnson, Johnny Manziel, Mike Evans, Nick Marshall
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Mike Scarborough retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee