SEC lunchtime links
- Alabama freshmen Reuben Foster, Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny are all having to change their jersey numbers because the UA coaches want to be able to use the trio on special teams.
- Georgia starting safety Tray Matthews joined Todd Gurley on the injury report after the freshman “tweaked” his hamstring in practice Wednesday.
- Texas A&M plans to use the open week to recover, both physically and mentally.
- The targeting rule has had a profound effect on the SEC this year, leading to penalties, ejections and even suspensions, but LSU coach Les Miles is a proponent for the rule. He said it has not affected his players.
- South Carolina wide receiver/punt return specialist David Wilkins walked on to the Gamecocks’ football team, but after just four games, he earned a scholarship from the coaching staff.
- When Dominique Easley went down for the season, Florida moved defensive end Jonathan Bullard inside to defensive tackle. He thrived in his first game against Kentucky last weekend.
- The friendship between Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze will have to be put on hold this week as the two square off Saturday.
- Freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson, an ESPN 300 recruit, competed for the starting job at Auburn in the fall. Now, it looks like he might redshirt his first year.
- Despite Dak Prescott’s recent success as the Mississippi State quarterback, coach Dan Mullen plans to go with Tyler Russell as the starter against LSU on Saturday.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops was visibly upset with his team after practice Wednesday. The last time the Wildcats played at South Carolina, they got rolled, 54-3.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Auburn Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Kentucky Wildcats, Jonathan Bullard, Hugh Freeze, Tyler Russell, Dominique Easley, Reuben Foster, Jeremy Johnson, Dan Mullen, Altee Tenpenny, mark stoops, Gus Malzahn, Todd Gurley, Tray Matthews, Derrick Henry, Dak Prescott, David Wilkins
GEAUXTIGERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
LSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Mike Scarborough retweeted
- Shea Dixon retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee