Week two is approaching, and it's time to take a look around the league as teams continue preparations for their opponents.
- When Florida plays Miami this weekend, it could be historic. It will likely be the last regular season meeting between the Gators and the Hurricanes and the end of a mean-spirited rivalry.
- Nick Marshall will make his second start for Auburn this weekend. The quarterback’s rising comfort level and instincts have inspired confidence from his coaches.
- The debut of LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron was a success. Head coach Les Miles says Cameron brings "confidence, chemistry" to Tigers offense.
- South Carolina's young linebackers looked impressive in week one, but they're eager for their second test, a road game at Georgia.
- In week one, there were plenty of FCS teams that pulled upsets over FBS opponents. That’s why Ole Miss is not overlooking Southeast Missouri, its week two opponent.
- Georgia offensive tackle John Theus lost his starting job prior to the season. He's taking his benching in good humor.
- When he was at Arkansas, Bobby Petrino had success against both Tennessee and defensive coordinator Willie Martinez. Now Petrino is at Western Kentucky, and Saturday the Volunteers will get another shot against him.
- Even though Vanderbilt's loss to Ole Miss in the opener was heartbreaking, it has served as teaching tool for the defense.
- With week one in the books, it's time to look ahead to week two -- the storylines, the pivotal players and predictions.
Mettenberger's Rehab Ahead Of Schedule
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35