- David Ching, ESPN Staff Writer
ATHENS, Ga. -- With G-Day just one week away, Georgia’s football team will return to Sanford Stadium this morning for its second spring scrimmage.
The Bulldogs’ regrouping defense won the day in the first scrimmage of spring practice, which they staged on Tuesday in extremely windy conditions -- and without starting quarterback Aaron Murray in attendance.
The state of the defense continues to be the most intriguing storyline this spring. We took a closer look at two position groups, the defensive line under new position coach Chris Wilson and the inside linebackers, earlier this week.
ESPN SEC blogger Chris Low also examined some of the SEC’s top receiving tandems and ranked Georgia’s Malcolm Mitchell and Michael Bennett high on his list.
On the NFL draft front, we caught up with former Bulldogs defender Cornelius Washington to discuss his whirlwind last few months, including strong performances at the Senior Bowl and NFL combine.
From the recruiting trail ...
Georgia continues to identify the prospects it hopes to sign in 2014, and the program and campus have made an impression on some of the state’s top recruits. We asked some of those prospects to share their thoughts on UGA on Twitter and compiled their responses in a piece earlier this week.
We also recapped what went down last Saturday when the Bulldogs held a junior day for top recruits.
Our staff and other RecruitingNation writers also caught up this week with a number of 2014 prospects who are on Georgia’s radar. Among them:
• ESPN Watch List RB Elijah Hood (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Catholic)
• Watch List DE Kentavius Street (Greenville, N.C./Rose)
• Watch List QB Drew Barker (Hebron, Ky./Conner)
• Watch List LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, Ga./Liberty County)
• RB Shai McKenzie (Washington, Pa./Washington)
• Junior college DL DaVonte Lambert (Waynesboro, Ga./Georgia Military College)