SEC lunchtime links
May, 6, 2014
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Lots more NFL draft talk and a bit from spring practice as we take a spin around the SEC with today's lunchtime links.
- Kentucky announced Tuesday that it has extended Coach Mark Stoops' contract through the 2018 season.
- Jadeveon Clowney might become the top overall pick in the NFL draft on Thursday. His path to the draft stands in stark contrast to the days when fellow South Carolina great George Rogers was the top pick in 1981.
- Multiple reports emerged on Monday night saying that LSU's Zach Mettenberger and Anthony Johnson were among the players whose drug tests were flagged at the NFL combine.
- Among the subjects hit by Chip Towers of the AJC in his Tuesday morning notes column were the NFL prospects of former Georgia quarterbacks Mettenberger and Aaron Murray, the impending punishments for four UGA players who were arrested this spring and the opening of the trial of former Georgia coach Jim Donnan over his involvement in an alleged Ponzi scheme.
- Jacob Coker has graduated from Florida State and arrived in Tuscaloosa to join the competition to become Alabama's next starting quarterback.
- Mike Evans has the chance to become the best former Texas A&M receiver to ever play in the NFL.
- The Gainesville Sun's Robbie Andreu grades Florida's performance during spring practice.
- The Tennesseean's Jeff Lockridge ranks the SEC programs' spring performances from worst to best.
- Athlon ranks this season's schedules in the SEC West in terms of difficulty.
- The Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff writes that with no college football authority, the SEC looked out for itself with its conference scheduling decision.
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama