SEC lunchtime links
April, 23, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
The Washington Wizards lead the Chicago Bulls 2-0 in the NBA playoffs. Never in my life thought did I think this day would come.
- Remember Michael Dyer's freshman campaign at Auburn? Remember his unceremonious exit? He's back. Despite being buried on the depth chart, the former SEC tailback had 150 rushing yards and three touchdowns on just 14 carries in the Louisville spring game.
- The Gus Bus is rolling. Gus Malzahn's annual Tiger Trek Tour kicked off in Muscle Shoals, Ala., on Tuesday.
- Nick Saban was on his annual pilgrimage Tuesday as well. Alabama's head coach spoke with reporters on the first stop of his Crimson Caravan tour and updated the injury status of linebacker Reuben Foster and offensive lineman Grant Hill.
- Is the Alabama-Tennessee rivalry in trouble? With a decision on the eight-game vs. nine-game conference schedule looming, Saban seems to think so.
- Who wins the QB competition? Are the young defensive linemen ready to emerge? A look at Florida's burning questions heading into the offseason.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt talks about dropping weight -- both he and his players.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops continued his success on the recruiting trail this week, picking up one of his biggest commitments to date.
- Jadeveon Clowney will be among the 30 prospects to attend the NFL draft in New York. For some it could be a long wait in the green room, but I don't suspect it will be for Clowney.
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- AJC UGA retweeted
- Herschel Walker retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Halftime South Dakota State 10 24 Missouri 21 Halftime West Virginia 17 2 Alabama 20 5:13 2nd Qtr Arkansas 14 6 Auburn 21 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida
7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State
- SEC NETWORK/WatchESPN
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7