SEC's lunch links
"Notwithstanding today's decision, the SEC does not believe that full time students participating in intercollegiate athletics are employees of the universities they attend," commissioner Mike Slive said in a written statement.
Former South Carolina defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles came out against the idea of college football players unions.
Elsewhere in the South, spring practice and NFL scouting continued as if the earth had not spun off its axis.
- Johnny Football's pro day workout, the "Manziel Misson", this morning at Texas A&M will draw the full media circus and then some. Former President George H.W. Bush is expected to attend. Here are five things Manziel needs to do if he wants to impress the 41st president and the legion of NFL decision-makers who will be watching.
- Former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy's TV presence will make him one of the SEC Network's most eagerly anticipated faces and voices, but can he be objective about the Crimson Tide?
- Sammie Coates learned many lessons on his way to becoming Auburn's No. 1 wide receiver. Several other Tigers wideouts are also emerging this spring.
- Thanks to some terrific recruiting, LSU has high hopes for its defensive tackles even after losing two starters.
- Defense still rules the roost at Florida, while head coach Will Muschamp stopped just short of calling Jeff Driskel his starter at QB.
- Missouri's banner year on the gridiron helped the school's athletic department generate a surplus of $4 million during the last fiscal year.
- The Ole Miss Rebels' competition to see who will back up QB Bo Wallace is down to Ryan Buchanan and DeVante Kincade.
- After an up-and-down first season, CB Brendan Langley is back in the starting lineup for now. Here are some early observations of Georgia's defense.
- A little cold weather in Nashville, Tenn., didn't deter the Commodores from getting in some work outdoors.
- Mississippi State WR De’Runnya Wilson is looking to be Dak Prescott's No. 1 target.
- Kentucky redshirt freshman OL Jordan Watson has quit football.
- Tennessee still has a question mark at kicker.
Missouri Tigers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Jeff Driskel, Kelcy Quarles, Johnny Manziel, Bo Wallace, Dak Prescott, Sammie Coates, DeVante Kincade, Ryan Buchanan, De'Runnya Wilson, George H.W. Bush, Greg McElroy, Jordan Watson
College Football Top Plays: Week 13
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Marc Weiszer retweeted
- Marc Weiszer retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 22 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 18 Georgia Tech 10 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 24 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 8 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 14 Auburn 1 Alabama