SEC's lunch links
March, 21, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
How’s your bracket looking after the first day? If you’re like me, you’re probably hoping for a better Day 2. If it’s so bad that you’re giving up on basketball and ready for football, then take a look at the latest news and notes around the SEC in today’s lunch links.
- Every year there are complaints about the selection process in the NCAA Tournament, but just wait. Selection Sunday in football will unleash a lot more anger.
- Alabama linebacker Dillon Lee is out of Nick Saban’s doghouse and back in his good graces.
- First-year Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith is still getting acclimated to his new job and his new team.
- The Auburn coaches were searching for a boost at wide receiver, and it looks like they found one with top junior college transfer D’haquille Williams.
- Georgia safety Corey Moore will be counted on even more this coming season with the recent off-field trouble affecting the Bulldogs secondary.
- LSU has passed the halfway point this spring, but there’s still plenty of work to be done.
- Former Missouri star Michael Sam didn’t speak with the media at Thursday’s pro day. Instead, he let his workout do the talking.
- If Jadeveon Clowney goes No. 1 to the Houston Texans, he would be reunited with his friend and former South Carolina teammate D.J. Swearinger.
- Tennessee struggled to find a nickelback last year, but through the first week of spring, versatile defensive back Justin Coleman has found a home there ... for now.
- Meet Vanderbilt defensive coordinator David Kotulski, also known as the "godfather of linebackers."
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34