SEC lunchtime links
- Nearly 30 SEC players have announced plans to enter the NFL draft early.
- The State's Neil White ranks the SEC teams hit hardest by NFL draft early entries, with LSU and South Carolina leading the way.
- Jeremy Pruitt brings a “you get what you earn” mentality to his job -- which is now defensive coordinator at Georgia -- according to his former boss, Rush Propst.
- ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing for the head coaching job at Vanderbilt.
- Kentucky football recruit Matt Elam's practice jersey from the Army All-American Bowl was listed for sale on eBay, but the seller canceled the auction because of the attention it generated online.
- Quarterback Jeff Driskel is excited about the up-tempo offense Kurt Roper plans to install at Florida.
- Houston Texans owner Bob McNair, a South Carolina graduate, is talking up Gamecocks star Jadeveon Clowney with his franchise holding the first pick in the upcoming NFL draft.
- Defensive coordinator Chris Ash -- now co-defensive coordinator at Ohio State -- became the second former Wisconsin assistant to leave Bret Bielema's Arkansas staff after their first season with the Razorbacks.
- Tony Brown's signing is a boon for both Alabama football and track.
- High school coaches in Tennessee say it will be difficult for James Franklin's successor at Vanderbilt to match his work as a recruiter.
- Mississippi State offensive coordinator Les Koenning will reportedly leave Starkville to become receivers coach at Texas.
- Auburn's Shon Coleman is trying to turn raw potential into a starter's role.
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron will skip the Senior Bowl, which is played in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bryan Burwell writes that Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham's poor decisions cloud his future.
Missouri Tigers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, James Franklin, Jeff Driskel, Matt Elam, AJ McCarron, Jadeveon Clowney, Dorial Green-Beckham, Bret Bielema, Jeremy Pruitt, Tony Brown, Chris Ash, Kurt Roper, Bob McNair, Brian Schottenheimer, Les Koenning, Rush Propst, Shon Coleman
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- David Ching retweeted
- David Ching retweeted
- Marc Weiszer retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU