SEC lunchtime links
January, 13, 2014
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Football season is nearly over, but the news never stops in SEC country – especially with all of the NFL draft announcements, coaching changes and recruiting news churning this week.
- Jeremy Hill's Monday announcement that he will enter the NFL draft adds to a growing list of LSU players turning pro early. The Baton Rouge Advocate's Ross Dellenger writes that the Tigers' 17 early entries over the previous five seasons are more than any other SEC program.
- Following the announcements that defensive assistants Todd Grantham and Scott Lakatos are leaving the Georgia staff came a report that defensive line coach Chris Wilson interviewed at Alabama. The Athens Banner-Herald's Marc Weiszer provides an update on Monday's episode of “As the Georgia Defensive Staff Turns.”
- Recruiting analysts say new Penn State coach James Franklin is trying to pillage the class of commitments he put together in his old job at Vanderbilt.
- Alabama defensive back Vinnie Sunseri joined a host of teammates in the NFL draft pool according to reports on Sunday.
- Auburn's coaching staff feels confident about finishing strong in recruiting this year.
- The State lists five recruiting storylines to watch at South Carolina.
- The Columbia Daily Tribune's David Morrison explores how good Missouri can be next season after a resurgent 2013 where it played for the conference championship.
- Ole Miss announced over the weekend that defensive end/linebacker D.T. Shackelford will seek a sixth season of eligibility.
- Former Tennessee quarterback Jonathan Crompton offers rave reviews for his former coach and new Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.
- With the College Football Playoff era now upon us, teams will circle the Jan. 12 championship game in Arlington, Texas, during this offseason. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch discusses the names and subjects to follow over the next year before the big game at AT&T Stadium.
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Marc Weiszer retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD San Josť St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M