SEC lunchtime links
November, 21, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Lots of good stuff out there from around the SEC today. Let's dive into some of the best headlines in the lunch links:
- He's Alabama's best defensive player and maybe the Crimson Tide's best player, period. This year, linebacker C.J. Mosley has made the most of his senior season and not held anything back -- not even his on-field demeanor.
- With a spread offense, there isn't always a spot for a fullback or H-back, but there is in Gus Malzahn's scheme and Jay Prosch has been a real key to the success of the Auburn running game this season.
- Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had a huge day in the Tigers' last victory, catching seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky. Could that be a sign of things to come for the sophomore?
- Jadeveon Clowney might not be the only Gamecocks player declaring for early entry into the NFL draft. Two other defensive starters -- defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles and cornerback Victor Hampton -- will consider the option after the season.
- Despite what others on campus might say or feel, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking to his original proclamation of "anytime, anywhere," when it comes to playing in-state rival Texas and thinks at some point in time, it will happen.
- Coaches often emphasize rushing the passer and protecting their own quarterback as keys to winning. LSU's Les Miles is no different, noting the Tigers have to do that this weekend.
- With Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott dealing with injuries, Mississippi State freshman Damian Williams could make his first start at quarterback on Saturday for the Bulldogs.
- Jordan Matthews continues to set records and the Vanderbilt receiver is on the verge of setting another this weekend against Tennessee.
- With Skyler Mornhinweg possibly set to start for an injured Tyler Murphy at quarterback, the Gators backup is a senior walk-on and scout team quarterback, Christian Provancha.
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Marc Weiszer retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD San Josť St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M