SEC lunchtime links
- Alabama punter Cody Mandell, a key player for the Crimson Tide on Saturday in its win over Mississippi State, has come a long way during his four years in Tuscaloosa.
- Auburn is focused on the upcoming Iron Bowl, but not before focusing on itself first and correcting mistakes in the recent win over Georgia.
- Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk did an admirable job filling in for injured starter James Franklin, going 3-1 as a starter in Franklin's absence, but now he must go back to the bench, something that isn't easy for the freshman at the moment.
- South Carolina still has a shot at a BCS bowl, something the Gamecocks have never been to before. Coach Steve Spurrier said "Oh, it matters a little bit, I guess."
- Texas A&M has a tough test ahead, trying to go into Death Valley to beat LSU, which is pretty tough to do given the atmosphere the home crowd provides.
- When LSU hosts the Aggies, there will be a rivalry renewed between LSU offensive tackle Jerald Hawkins and Texas A&M defensive end Gavin Stansbury, a pair that knows each other well.
- Ole Miss committed five false start penalties on Saturday against Troy, which didn't make Hugh Freeze happy, but he doesn't anticipate it being a problem moving forward.
- Vanderbilt's ability to take the football away has Tennessee's attention as the two prepare to meet.
- Aaron Murray didn't get the championship he wanted while at Georgia, but he seems to be leaving as one of the most respected players in the program's recent history.
- Though the Gators were defeated, offensive coordinator Brent Pease appeared to show more creativity on Saturday against South Carolina than Florida usually displays on offense.
- Vanderbilt quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels returned to action Saturday against Kentucky after a leg injury and said there should be no lingering effects as the Commodores prepare for Tennessee.
Missouri Tigers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Mississippi Rebels, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, James Franklin, Aaron Murray, Steve Spurrier, Hugh Freeze, Brent Pease, Austyn Carta-Samuels, Cody Mandell, Gavin Stansbury, Jerald Hawkins
Saturday's top plays in the SEC
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- David Ching retweeted
- David Ching retweeted
- AJC UGA retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama