Another wild weekend of SEC football is in the books. Let's take a look at what's being talked about around the league on Monday:
- Auburn's miracle pass and catch to defeat Georgia on Saturday is a play that will stick in the memories of fans for a long time. But for Nick Marshall, it isn't the first time he has completed a desperation heave in the final minute of a game for a win, as his junior college coach recalls.
- In the loss to Auburn on Saturday, Georgia allowed 30 or more than points for the seventh time. After giving up 566 yards and 43 points to the Tigers, coach Mark Richt was asked how satisfied he was with defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and the defensive staff but didn't tip his hand.
- The Alabama offense was plenty frustrated after the 20-7 win over Mississippi State, and the group says it can use this as reason to focus moving forward.
- Missouri was off this weekend but is still in control of its own destiny in the SEC East title chase. A breakdown of where the Tigers are.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier isn't overlooking non-conference opponent Coastal Carolina this week, noting that "It counts the same as the Clemson game on our record."
- LSU coach Les Miles said he doesn't listen to outside criticism, he's just getting his team ready for Texas A&M.
- Ole Miss quarterback Barry Brunetti has primarily been an option in the running game when inserted but now is becoming a passing threat for the Rebels.
- Vanderbilt has been winning the turnover battle lately, with 16 takeaways in its last four games. If that continues, it could be the difference when the Commodores face Tennessee.
- Speaking of the Vols, they need to win their final two games if they hope to get to a bowl game.
- Kentucky's offense hasn't been what some hoped, but much of that has to do with a couple of key components the Wildcats are missing.
Recruit Comparison: Murray to Allen
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35