SEC lunchtime links
November, 18, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Another wild weekend of SEC football is in the books. Let's take a look at what's being talked about around the league on Monday:
- Auburn's miracle pass and catch to defeat Georgia on Saturday is a play that will stick in the memories of fans for a long time. But for Nick Marshall, it isn't the first time he has completed a desperation heave in the final minute of a game for a win, as his junior college coach recalls.
- In the loss to Auburn on Saturday, Georgia allowed 30 or more than points for the seventh time. After giving up 566 yards and 43 points to the Tigers, coach Mark Richt was asked how satisfied he was with defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and the defensive staff but didn't tip his hand.
- The Alabama offense was plenty frustrated after the 20-7 win over Mississippi State, and the group says it can use this as reason to focus moving forward.
- Missouri was off this weekend but is still in control of its own destiny in the SEC East title chase. A breakdown of where the Tigers are.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier isn't overlooking non-conference opponent Coastal Carolina this week, noting that "It counts the same as the Clemson game on our record."
- LSU coach Les Miles said he doesn't listen to outside criticism, he's just getting his team ready for Texas A&M.
- Ole Miss quarterback Barry Brunetti has primarily been an option in the running game when inserted but now is becoming a passing threat for the Rebels.
- Vanderbilt has been winning the turnover battle lately, with 16 takeaways in its last four games. If that continues, it could be the difference when the Commodores face Tennessee.
- Speaking of the Vols, they need to win their final two games if they hope to get to a bowl game.
- Kentucky's offense hasn't been what some hoped, but much of that has to do with a couple of key components the Wildcats are missing.
Todd Gurley Headed To The NFL
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State