SEC lunchtime links
November, 11, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Was that a crazy weekend of college football, or what? You know we're getting into the thick of it when teams are tumbling out of the title picture and coaches are being put on the hot seat.
- Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley said he could see it in the LSU players' eyes when the Crimson Tide had finished them off.
- If it weren't for Kris Frost, Auburn might not have upset Texas A&M and entered Week 12 ranked in the top 10 of the BCS standings. So it's good news that Frost should be fine for the Georgia game after suffering a stinger on Saturday.
- Bret Bielema came to Arkansas hoping to resurrect a program. But he saw the Razorbacks reach historical lows during Saturday's loss to Ole Miss.
- With two touchdown passes against Appalachian State, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray became the SEC's leader in all-time touchdown passes.
- A loss to Alabama has left LSU fighting and playing for respect.
- For the first time, both Clemson and South Carolina are ranked in the top 10 of the BCS standings. And with that, the stage is officially set for their showdown.
- Man, the stretch Tennessee just endured was brutal, a loss to Auburn capping it off in painful fashion. The Vols are ready to regroup after the gauntlet they just went through.
- Kentucky's Mark Stoops doesn't need any reminder of what stress can do to a coach's body. As UK receivers coach Tommy Mainord said, "It's a unique profession. It's not healthy."
- It's been a disaster of a season in Gainesville. Will Muschamp should stay at Florida, though, but changes have to come, writes Pat Dooley.
- Todd Gurley passes the eye test as a physical, talented tailback, and statistics further prove his worth to Georgia.
- Ole Miss isn't settling for a .500 bowl game, says quarterback Bo Wallace. No, the Rebels are aiming for nine wins and a bigger, better postseason matchup.
DAWGNATION RECRUITING NEWS
GEORGIA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- SEC Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:26 2nd Qtr 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 17 4:08 1st Qtr Western Carolina 7 1 Alabama 10 7:00 PM ET Samford 14 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 20 Missouri Tennessee 7:30 PM ET Vanderbilt 4 Mississippi State Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37