Florida State Seminoles: Tahj Kimble
Happy Monday, folks. Get your week started with some ACC reading.
- Wide receiver DeAndre Smelter was the star of the show at Georgia Tech's scrimmage over the weekend, writes Ken Sugiura of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Fifth-year senior Spencer Shuey has stepped up to take command of Clemson's defense, writes Aaron Brenner of The Post and Courier.
- It's mind over matter for Pitt DB Jahmahl Pardner in his quest to return from a knee injury, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Jerry DiPaola.
- Maryland's Andre Monroe is working to overcome an injury of his own, with sights set on a big season, Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post writes.
- A UCF transfer and the son of one of Syracuse's all-time greats, Troy Green says he's still not close to landing regular playing time with the Orange, Chris Carlson writes for Syracuse.com.
- Willie Haulstead's career is over at Florida State, but Lamarcus Joyner is still haunted by the concussion-inducing hit he delivered on the former Noles receiver in 2011, writes the Orlando Sentinel's Coley Harvey.
- Miami punter Patrick O'Donnell looks more like he belongs in the linebackers' meeting room, Susan Miller Degnan writes for the Miami Herald.
- Tim Smith is hoping his injuries are in the past and he can post a 1,000-yard season for Virginia, writes Andrew Ramspacher for the Daily Progress.
- Duke's secondary has a strong leader in All-ACC cornerback Russ Cockrell, writes Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Wake Forest got some good news over the weekend when the NCAA reinstated running back Josh Harris, writes Dan Collins of the Winston-Salem Journal.
- After a bevy of playmakers left for the NFL, a new group of stars is emerging at Duke, UNC and NC State, writes Joe Giglio of the Charlotte Observer.
- Tahj Kimble is ready to contribute at running back for Boston College after a knee injury limited his 2012 contributions, writes Michael Vega of the Boston Globe.
- Here's a popular sentiment among Virginia Tech fans: Logan Thomas needs to play a lot better this season than he did in 2012 if the Hokies are going to compete for a conference title, writes Paul Woody of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Overvalued And Undervalued
12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 4:00 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State