Florida State Seminoles: Tahj Kimble
Happy Monday, folks. Get your week started with some ACC reading.
- Wide receiver DeAndre Smelter was the star of the show at Georgia Tech's scrimmage over the weekend, writes Ken Sugiura of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Fifth-year senior Spencer Shuey has stepped up to take command of Clemson's defense, writes Aaron Brenner of The Post and Courier.
- It's mind over matter for Pitt DB Jahmahl Pardner in his quest to return from a knee injury, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Jerry DiPaola.
- Maryland's Andre Monroe is working to overcome an injury of his own, with sights set on a big season, Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post writes.
- A UCF transfer and the son of one of Syracuse's all-time greats, Troy Green says he's still not close to landing regular playing time with the Orange, Chris Carlson writes for Syracuse.com.
- Willie Haulstead's career is over at Florida State, but Lamarcus Joyner is still haunted by the concussion-inducing hit he delivered on the former Noles receiver in 2011, writes the Orlando Sentinel's Coley Harvey.
- Miami punter Patrick O'Donnell looks more like he belongs in the linebackers' meeting room, Susan Miller Degnan writes for the Miami Herald.
- Tim Smith is hoping his injuries are in the past and he can post a 1,000-yard season for Virginia, writes Andrew Ramspacher for the Daily Progress.
- Duke's secondary has a strong leader in All-ACC cornerback Russ Cockrell, writes Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Wake Forest got some good news over the weekend when the NCAA reinstated running back Josh Harris, writes Dan Collins of the Winston-Salem Journal.
- After a bevy of playmakers left for the NFL, a new group of stars is emerging at Duke, UNC and NC State, writes Joe Giglio of the Charlotte Observer.
- Tahj Kimble is ready to contribute at running back for Boston College after a knee injury limited his 2012 contributions, writes Michael Vega of the Boston Globe.
- Here's a popular sentiment among Virginia Tech fans: Logan Thomas needs to play a lot better this season than he did in 2012 if the Hokies are going to compete for a conference title, writes Paul Woody of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
What Does Ruling Mean For Winston?
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State