Florida State Seminoles: Tahj Kimble
Happy Monday, folks. Get your week started with some ACC reading.
- Wide receiver DeAndre Smelter was the star of the show at Georgia Tech's scrimmage over the weekend, writes Ken Sugiura of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Fifth-year senior Spencer Shuey has stepped up to take command of Clemson's defense, writes Aaron Brenner of The Post and Courier.
- It's mind over matter for Pitt DB Jahmahl Pardner in his quest to return from a knee injury, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Jerry DiPaola.
- Maryland's Andre Monroe is working to overcome an injury of his own, with sights set on a big season, Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post writes.
- A UCF transfer and the son of one of Syracuse's all-time greats, Troy Green says he's still not close to landing regular playing time with the Orange, Chris Carlson writes for Syracuse.com.
- Willie Haulstead's career is over at Florida State, but Lamarcus Joyner is still haunted by the concussion-inducing hit he delivered on the former Noles receiver in 2011, writes the Orlando Sentinel's Coley Harvey.
- Miami punter Patrick O'Donnell looks more like he belongs in the linebackers' meeting room, Susan Miller Degnan writes for the Miami Herald.
- Tim Smith is hoping his injuries are in the past and he can post a 1,000-yard season for Virginia, writes Andrew Ramspacher for the Daily Progress.
- Duke's secondary has a strong leader in All-ACC cornerback Russ Cockrell, writes Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Wake Forest got some good news over the weekend when the NCAA reinstated running back Josh Harris, writes Dan Collins of the Winston-Salem Journal.
- After a bevy of playmakers left for the NFL, a new group of stars is emerging at Duke, UNC and NC State, writes Joe Giglio of the Charlotte Observer.
- Tahj Kimble is ready to contribute at running back for Boston College after a knee injury limited his 2012 contributions, writes Michael Vega of the Boston Globe.
- Here's a popular sentiment among Virginia Tech fans: Logan Thomas needs to play a lot better this season than he did in 2012 if the Hokies are going to compete for a conference title, writes Paul Woody of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Hamilton Talks Bojanovsky
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35