Florida State Seminoles: Ben Boulware
My uncle once tried to convince my grandmother our family is actually (a small) part Scottish instead of Irish. She wasn't having it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- There will be some added size, strength and toughness this season on Clemson's defense. Linebacker Ben Boulware used to race motocross and the secondary this spring has a couple of physically imposing players in Jayron Kearse and T.J. Green.
- The competition to replace Clemson RB Roderick McDowell has turned the current Tigers' RBs into enemies -- at least on the field -- writes Aaron Brenner of The Post and Courier.
- Florida State's 2015 QB commit, De'Andre Johnson, is heading to the Elite 11 and The Opening, two prestigious high school events.
- Sam Werner of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a feature on Panthers QB Chad Voytik, who likely will be Pitt's starter this fall. Werner also asks five questions for the spring.
- Sophomore Tyler Boyd is already one of Pitt's best leaders and on NFL teams' radar, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Tribune-Review. DiPaola also has a notebook.
- Cornerback Artie Brown is back practicing with Miami after competing in the NCAA indoor track and field championships.
- North Carolina landed a major commitment from tight end Chris Clark, who will compete in the Under Armour All-America Game following his senior season.
- Syracuse once again has questions on the defensive line, but this time it is at tackle, Nate Mink writes.
- A breakdown of Virginia Tech's depth at tight end from Andy Bitter of The Virginian-Pilot.
January, 3, 2013
By RecruitingNation staff | ESPN.com
Black Team offenseQuarterback: Christian Hackenberg (Penn State)
Running back: Alvin Kamara
Receiver: Alvin Bailey (Florida), Robert Foster (Alabama), Damore'ea Stringfellow (Washington)
Tight end: O.J. Howard (Alabama)
Offensive tackle: Darius James (Texas), Denver Kirkland
Offensive guard: Grant Hill (Alabama), Joas Aguilar (Texas A&M)
Center: Hunter Bivin (Notre Dame)
Captains: Kelvin Taylor, Hunter Bivin, Robert Nkemdiche, Ben Boulware
Black Team defenseDefensive end: Robert Nkemdiche, Elijah Daniel
Defensive tackle: Greg Gilgmore (LSU), Kennedy Tulimasealii (Hawaii)
Inside linebacker: Ben Boulware (Clemson)
Outside linebacker: Alex Anzalone (Notre Dame), Matthew Thomas
Safety: Keanu Neal (Florida), Leon McQuay III
Cornerback: Vernon Hargreaves III (Florida), Tarean Folston (Notre Dame)
Black Team special teamsLong snapper: Tyler Kluver (Iowa)
Kicker/punter: Sean Covington (UCLA)
White Team offenseQuarterback: Kevin Olsen (Miami)
Running back: Keith Ford (Oklahoma)
Receiver: Laquon Treadwell, Ryan Green (Florida State), Jalin Marshall (Ohio State)
Tight end: Hunter Henry (Arkansas)
Offensive tackle: Derwin Gray (Maryland), Dorian Johnson (Pittsburgh)
Offensive guard: Patrick Kugler (Michigan), David Dawson (Michigan)
Center: Scott Quessenberry (UCLA)
White Team defenseDefensive end: Carl Lawson (Auburn), Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
Defensive tackle: Henry Poggi (Michigan), Kelsey Griffin (South Carolina)
Inside linebacker: Reuben Foster, Yannick Ngakoue
Outside linebacker: Trey Johnson
Safety: Max Redfield, Antonio Conner
Cornerback: Gareon Conley (Ohio State), Shaq Wiggins (Georgia)
White Team special teamsLong snapper: Brendan Turelli
Kicker: Ryan Santoso (Minnesota)
Punter: Shane Tripucka
Captains: Ryan Green, Hunter Henry, Patrick Kugler, Reuben Foster
FSU Recruiting Builds On BCS Title Win
TBD Wofford Georgia Tech TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Boston College Massachusetts TBD James Madison Maryland TBD Elon Duke TBD Georgia Southern North Carolina State TBD Liberty North Carolina TBD Delaware Pittsburgh TBD UCLA Virginia TBD William & Mary Virginia Tech 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State