Florida State Seminoles: Shaq Wiggins
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
- Boston College has released its final "Be a dude, leave a man" video.
- Our Mike Rodak says former Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins was as good as advertised during the Bills' rookie minicamp.
- Former Duke running back Juwan Thompson is intriguing in the Broncos' backfield race, our Jeff Legwold writes.
- Jimbo Fisher told Florida State's softball team that he wanted to play an SEC team and was hoping it was Alabama.
- Rick Strom is leaving his radio position with Georgia Tech.
- Louisville landed a pair of former four-star SEC transfers in Georgia cornerback Shaq Wiggins and Texas A&M wide receiver JaQuay Williams.
- Former North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron is trying to earn veteran respect with the Lions, our Michael Rothstein writes.
- Pitt's TV windfall from the ACC has paid fast dividends, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Syracuse picked up a commitment from Hallandale, Fla., defensive end Dana Levine, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- New AD Whit Babcock has wasted no time in putting his stamp on Virginia Tech, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
July, 8, 2013
By Radi Nabulsi | ESPN.com
ATHENS, Ga. -- The Georgia coaching staff is looking for another cornerback in the Class of 2014 to pair with ESPN 300 athlete commit Malkom Parrish (Quitman, Ga./Brooks County). Its chances improved over the weekend as another ESPN 300 standout Kendall Randolph (Tallahassee, Fla./Lincoln) named the Bulldogs as his leader, followed by Florida State and South Carolina.
January, 3, 2013
By RecruitingNation staff | ESPN.com
Black Team offenseQuarterback: Christian Hackenberg (Penn State)
Running back: Alvin Kamara
Receiver: Alvin Bailey (Florida), Robert Foster (Alabama), Damore'ea Stringfellow (Washington)
Tight end: O.J. Howard (Alabama)
Offensive tackle: Darius James (Texas), Denver Kirkland
Offensive guard: Grant Hill (Alabama), Joas Aguilar (Texas A&M)
Center: Hunter Bivin (Notre Dame)
Captains: Kelvin Taylor, Hunter Bivin, Robert Nkemdiche, Ben Boulware
Black Team defenseDefensive end: Robert Nkemdiche, Elijah Daniel
Defensive tackle: Greg Gilgmore (LSU), Kennedy Tulimasealii (Hawaii)
Inside linebacker: Ben Boulware (Clemson)
Outside linebacker: Alex Anzalone (Notre Dame), Matthew Thomas
Safety: Keanu Neal (Florida), Leon McQuay III
Cornerback: Vernon Hargreaves III (Florida), Tarean Folston (Notre Dame)
Black Team special teamsLong snapper: Tyler Kluver (Iowa)
Kicker/punter: Sean Covington (UCLA)
White Team offenseQuarterback: Kevin Olsen (Miami)
Running back: Keith Ford (Oklahoma)
Receiver: Laquon Treadwell, Ryan Green (Florida State), Jalin Marshall (Ohio State)
Tight end: Hunter Henry (Arkansas)
Offensive tackle: Derwin Gray (Maryland), Dorian Johnson (Pittsburgh)
Offensive guard: Patrick Kugler (Michigan), David Dawson (Michigan)
Center: Scott Quessenberry (UCLA)
White Team defenseDefensive end: Carl Lawson (Auburn), Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
Defensive tackle: Henry Poggi (Michigan), Kelsey Griffin (South Carolina)
Inside linebacker: Reuben Foster, Yannick Ngakoue
Outside linebacker: Trey Johnson
Safety: Max Redfield, Antonio Conner
Cornerback: Gareon Conley (Ohio State), Shaq Wiggins (Georgia)
White Team special teamsLong snapper: Brendan Turelli
Kicker: Ryan Santoso (Minnesota)
Punter: Shane Tripucka
Captains: Ryan Green, Hunter Henry, Patrick Kugler, Reuben Foster
January, 1, 2013
By Derek Tyson | ESPN.com
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- There were several standouts at Tuesday's Day 2 practice for the Under Armour All-America Game (5 p.m. ET Friday, ESPN). Two players -- one for Team Nitro, the other for Team Highlight -- said they are closing in on their college decisions and will make their announcements Friday. Meanwhile, the nation's No. 1 player left the field at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports with an injury.
Folston closing in on decision
Four-star athlete Tarean Folston (Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa) is set to make his college decision Friday. The 5-foot-9, 190-pound ESPN 150 will chose between Notre Dame, Florida State and Oregon.
Folston has been a standout defensive back during the first two days of practice, but he's being recruited by all three of his final schools to play running back.
He said he likes the familiar feeling he gets from Notre Dame and Oregon.
"It's just a home feeling, the fans around there are great fans. The community is all involved in football. It's just a nice town and a home feeling environment. With Oregon, it's pretty much the same as Notre Dame. They are two different schools but I call it 'the village,' just everybody in that place comes together and helps support the team."
Florida State is the only school Folston is considering from his home state, but he insists distance won't be a factor in his decision.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Is Josh Sweat The Next Jadeveon Clowney?
12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET UCLA Virginia 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 3:30 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State