Florida State Seminoles: Shaq Lawson
That makes you feel pretty dumb, doesn't it? This thing is literally 360 times more powerful than you. Look at you. You're worthless.
- AthlonSports' Steven Lassan reviews the ACC at the half-way point and makes some second-half predictions.
- Clemson end Shaq Lawson is expected to play against Florida State, Scott Keepfer writes in the Greenville News.
- Duke's defense is aiming to build off its success, Laura Keeley writes in the (Raleigh) News & Observer.
- Jameis Winston is always entertaining, even at Midnight Madness, as the Orlando Sentinel's Brendan Sonnone notes.
- Georgia Tech AD Mike Bobinski is standing behind Paul Johnson, Ken Suguira writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Maryland outside linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil is out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Allen Hurns is writing his success story at Miami, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- North Carolina coach Larry Fedora says that Bryn Renner will definitely start against Miami, Andrew Carter writes in the (Raleigh) News & Observer.
- Pitt coach Paul Chryst has raised questions with the ACC over unpenalized hits on Tom Savage and Devin Street, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse has prepared for Georgia Tech's option offense since the summer, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia's players have bitter tastes in their mouths from the loss to Maryland, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
- Up-and-down Maryland is next for Wake Forest, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
September, 27, 2013
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
Been saying it since the summer: Virginia Tech is a contender.
- Boston College faces another big challenge.
- Duke quarterback Anthony Boone has resumed throwing but he remains sidelined.
- Shaq Lawson could be the best freshman defensive end Dabo Swinney's ever had at Clemson.
- Florida State safety Tyler Hunter is out against BC, forcing freshman Jalen Ramsey to move from cornerback to safety.
- Georgia Tech quarterback Vad Lee played like a first-year starter in the loss to Virginia Tech.
- Could Maryland end up in a shootout with Florida State next week?
- Beau Sandland hopes to become the next great tight end at Miami.
- NC State running back Shadrach Thornton is still working his way back into the game plan.
- Pitt's offensive line has a big challenge in containing UVa defensive tackle Brent Urban.
- Grading Syracuse's special teams at the end of nonconference play.
- UVa will be without several key players against the Panthers.
- Virginia Tech won thanks to Logan Thomas' grit and another terrific defensive performance.
- The win was enough for Frank Beamer to bust a move.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe has high praise for Clemson.
- John Swofford is officially the longest serving commissioner in ACC history.