Florida State Seminoles: Quinta Funderburk
Want to feel old? Happy 30th anniversary for “The Breakfast Club.”
- Virginia Tech is a step closer toward building an indoor practice facility, writes The Roanoke Times.
- Wake Forest opens spring practice today, which means plenty of work for new coach Dave Clawson, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Cornerback Dontae Johnson showed off his size at NC State’s pro day on Monday, writes the Raleigh News and Observer.
- Sad news on former Miami QB Jim Kelly’s battle with cancer, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
- Syracuse wide receiver Quinta Funderburk has impressed his coaches thus far, writes The Post-Standard.
- The Tallahassee Democrat wonders what the Florida State backfield rotation will look like in 2014.
- Georgia Tech is opening spring practice with Justin Thomas atop the QB depth chart, writes USA Today.
- Defensive linemen are raving about the offseason performance of Georgia Tech B-back Travis Custis, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Former Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater goes under the microscope with Jon Gruden, writes The Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Athlon Sports looks at college football coaches on the hot seat and finds a couple in the ACC.
Join me today at 4 p.m. ET for a little pregame chat. Send in questions now!
- BC quarterback Chase Rettig aims to take the lead.
- Clemson is on its guard, despite home-field advantage and inexperience on Georgia's D.
- Duke's defense has a lot to prove.
- Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher's son continues his battle with a rare blood disorder.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson has heaped praise on David Sims.
- Maryland offensive lineman Michael Dunn has had a pretty spectacular week.
- Young pass rushers could be Miami's secret weapon. Time for Al Golden to start delivering results, writes Dave Hyde in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
- North Carolina is hoping to steal the spotlight tonight against South Carolina.
- NC State has turned to a versatile junior college player to start at center.
- Pitt quarterback Tom Savage thought about quitting at one point in his career.
- Syracuse receiver Quinta Funderburk remains a mystery.
- Jake Snyder has followed his brother as a co-captain at Virginia.
- Watch out for the Fuller brothers at Virginia Tech.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe plans on playing more freshmen this season.
College Football Minute: Sept. 15
Final East Carolina 28 17 Virginia Tech 21 Final Georgia Southern 38 Georgia Tech 42 Final Pittsburgh 42 Florida International 25 Final Syracuse 40 Central Michigan 3 Final 21 Louisville 21 Virginia 23 Final Arkansas State 20 Miami (FL) 41 Final North Carolina State 49 South Florida 17 Final Kansas 3 Duke 41 Final Wake Forest 24 Utah State 36 Final 9 USC 31 Boston College 37