Florida State Seminoles: Quinta Funderburk
Want to feel old? Happy 30th anniversary for “The Breakfast Club.”
- Virginia Tech is a step closer toward building an indoor practice facility, writes The Roanoke Times.
- Wake Forest opens spring practice today, which means plenty of work for new coach Dave Clawson, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Cornerback Dontae Johnson showed off his size at NC State’s pro day on Monday, writes the Raleigh News and Observer.
- Sad news on former Miami QB Jim Kelly’s battle with cancer, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
- Syracuse wide receiver Quinta Funderburk has impressed his coaches thus far, writes The Post-Standard.
- The Tallahassee Democrat wonders what the Florida State backfield rotation will look like in 2014.
- Georgia Tech is opening spring practice with Justin Thomas atop the QB depth chart, writes USA Today.
- Defensive linemen are raving about the offseason performance of Georgia Tech B-back Travis Custis, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Former Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater goes under the microscope with Jon Gruden, writes The Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Athlon Sports looks at college football coaches on the hot seat and finds a couple in the ACC.
Join me today at 4 p.m. ET for a little pregame chat. Send in questions now!
- BC quarterback Chase Rettig aims to take the lead.
- Clemson is on its guard, despite home-field advantage and inexperience on Georgia's D.
- Duke's defense has a lot to prove.
- Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher's son continues his battle with a rare blood disorder.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson has heaped praise on David Sims.
- Maryland offensive lineman Michael Dunn has had a pretty spectacular week.
- Young pass rushers could be Miami's secret weapon. Time for Al Golden to start delivering results, writes Dave Hyde in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
- North Carolina is hoping to steal the spotlight tonight against South Carolina.
- NC State has turned to a versatile junior college player to start at center.
- Pitt quarterback Tom Savage thought about quitting at one point in his career.
- Syracuse receiver Quinta Funderburk remains a mystery.
- Jake Snyder has followed his brother as a co-captain at Virginia.
- Watch out for the Fuller brothers at Virginia Tech.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe plans on playing more freshmen this season.
Scene and Heard: Top 10 Predictions
TBD Wofford Georgia Tech TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Boston College Massachusetts TBD James Madison Maryland TBD Elon Duke TBD Georgia Southern North Carolina State TBD Liberty North Carolina TBD Delaware Pittsburgh TBD UCLA Virginia TBD William & Mary Virginia Tech 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State