Florida State Seminoles: Kevin Johnson
- Florida State's "puntrooskie" play is among the best in its rivalry with Clemson, Scott Keepfer writes in the Greenville News.
- The (Raleigh) News & Observer's Laura Keeley and the Charlottesville Daily Progress' Andrew Ramspacher preview this weekend's Duke-Virginia matchup.
- AthlonSports' Steven Lassan makes his second half predictions for college football, including Miami's destiny and Jameis Winston's potential trip to New York.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constiution's Ken Sugiura and the (Syracuse) Post-Standard's Nate Mink preview Syracuse-Georgia Tech.
- Alex Twine will miss Maryland's game Saturday because of a shoulder injury, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Eric Ebron's record-setting night was not enough for North Carolina, Matt Potter writes in the News & Observer.
- Tyrone Ezell is in the middle of a defensive turnaround for Pitt, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Virginia AD Craig Littlepage says Mike London will return to Virginia next season, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
- Kevin Johnson has learned from Michael Campanaro at Wake Forest, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, North Carolina Tar Heels, Clemson Tigers, Maryland Terrapins, Virginia Cavaliers, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, ACC, Duke Blue Devils, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Jameis Winston, Michael Campanaro, Kevin Johnson, Mike London, Craig Littlepage, Eric Ebron, Tyrone Ezell, Alex Twine
This week? Well, it's tough to say. The final score -- a 52-0 FSU win -- hardly indicates Wake Forest was much of a challenge either. On the other hand, there's a good case to be made that the Demon Deacons are still the fifth-best team FSU will face this year, so how easy could it have been?
In the end, there were a few causes for concern Saturday, mostly in the passing game, but it was such a complete all-around performance, with a dominant day from the running game, the defense and on special teams, that it's easy to understand why so many fans walked out of Doak Campbell believing they'd finally gotten an answer to the question: Is this the year Florida State is back?
College Football Minute
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Coley Harvey retweeted
- FSU Football retweeted
- DeionSanders retweeted
- Michael Langston retweeted
- D.C. Reeves retweeted
- The ACC retweeted
- Coley Harvey retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Georgia Tech Virginia Tech 12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 12:30 PM ET Tulane Duke 1:00 PM ET Maine Boston College 3:30 PM ET Louisville Florida International 3:30 PM ET Virginia 21 BYU 3:30 PM ET Army Wake Forest 3:30 PM ET North Carolina East Carolina 6:00 PM ET Presbyterian North Carolina State 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska 8:00 PM ET 22 Clemson 1 Florida State