Florida State Seminoles: Jordan Leggett
Well, this rule ought to make games more interesting.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is confident in quarterback Cole Stoudt. So is Tajh Boyd.
- Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden kicks off his booster tour today.
- Georgia Tech back Broderick Snoddy will be racking up the frequent flyer miles with track and football this week.
- Former Louisville defensive tackle Roy Philon is hoping for an NFL shot. Louisville has reportedly signed a $40 million shoe and apparel deal to stay with adidas.
- Two Miami basketball players have turned to football.
- Russell Wilson spoke to NC State football players when he was in town for the spring game.
- Pitt begins the transition to the next phase in the offseason.
- Thumbs up or thumbs down on the new Syracuse uniforms? One fashion expert weighs in.
- Could Greyson Lambert be Virginia football's Joe Harris?
- Former Virginia Tech player Eddie Royal shares what 4/16/07 means to him.
- Freshman Hokies running back Marshawn Williams can pound the rock.
Here are Ernest Hemingway’s recommended readings for aspiring writers. I’ve never read any of them, but I’ve seen a few of the movies. That counts, right?
- Virginia Tech opens spring practice today. The Roanoke Times offers five key questions facing the Hokies.
- Mark Leal spent the offseason haunted by his poor bowl performance. Now he’s ready to take over the No. 1 job, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s been a winding road to get here, but former North Carolina running back A.J. Blue is poised for the NFL, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Miami has a new mentality on defense, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- Defensive end Ufomba Kamalu is at the heart of the Hurricanes’ new attitude on D, writes the Miami Herald.
- Some bad blood between two Syracuse quarterbacks has been smoothed over, writes The Post-Standard.
- The competition for playing time in Pitt’s backfield is heating up, writes the Tribune-Review.
- FSU's Eddie Goldman has shed some pounds and is looking much better, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Jameis Winston took advantage of a Florida fan’s autograph request, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Former Georgia Tech walk-on Robert Godhigh is now pushing for a spot in the NFL, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Last week, I asked NC State coach Dave Doeren what he learned in his first year on the job. One of his answers: The ACC has some really good receivers. Athlon Sports has its list of top receivers on the rise for 2014, and several in the ACC get nods.
- Travis Barnes and Jordan Leggett are committed to getting better during Clemson’s spring practice, writes The State.
- James Quick is looking to emulate one of Louisville’s best former receivers this year, writes The Courier-Journal.
Two more weeks ...
- The AP's Jimmy Golen offers five things to watch at BC this season.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is out 3-4 weeks with an MCL injury.
- Duke's iPad investment is paying dividends, Laura Keeley writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- FSU receiver Kelvin Benjamin is finally looking past the hype, Coley Harvey writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Georgia Tech is closing in on the end of camp, Ken Sugiura writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Maryland defensive back Milan Collins suffered his season-ending ankle fracture while horsing around, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami has granted defensive lineman Jalen Grimble his release, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- UNC linebacker Jeff Schoettmer might go from walk-on to starter, Harold Gutmann writes in the (Durham) Herald-Sun.
- Former NC State corner David Amerson took a different path than his brother Noah, but they both look out for each other, Kent Babb writes in the Washington Post.
- Pitt linebacker Todd Thomas is easing back into drills, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse tight end Beckett Wales did not practice Wednesday, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia freshman running back Taquan Mizzell is not afraid of the hype, Norm Wood writes in the (Newport News) Daily Press.
- Virginia Tech receivers are looking to eliminate drops, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Josh Harris' focus is his team after his return to Wake Forest, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Fisher: Winston's Choice Won't Be A Surprise
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State