Florida State Seminoles: Jordan Leggett
Well, this rule ought to make games more interesting.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is confident in quarterback Cole Stoudt. So is Tajh Boyd.
- Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden kicks off his booster tour today.
- Georgia Tech back Broderick Snoddy will be racking up the frequent flyer miles with track and football this week.
- Former Louisville defensive tackle Roy Philon is hoping for an NFL shot. Louisville has reportedly signed a $40 million shoe and apparel deal to stay with adidas.
- Two Miami basketball players have turned to football.
- Russell Wilson spoke to NC State football players when he was in town for the spring game.
- Pitt begins the transition to the next phase in the offseason.
- Thumbs up or thumbs down on the new Syracuse uniforms? One fashion expert weighs in.
- Could Greyson Lambert be Virginia football's Joe Harris?
- Former Virginia Tech player Eddie Royal shares what 4/16/07 means to him.
- Freshman Hokies running back Marshawn Williams can pound the rock.
Here are Ernest Hemingway’s recommended readings for aspiring writers. I’ve never read any of them, but I’ve seen a few of the movies. That counts, right?
- Virginia Tech opens spring practice today. The Roanoke Times offers five key questions facing the Hokies.
- Mark Leal spent the offseason haunted by his poor bowl performance. Now he’s ready to take over the No. 1 job, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s been a winding road to get here, but former North Carolina running back A.J. Blue is poised for the NFL, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Miami has a new mentality on defense, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- Defensive end Ufomba Kamalu is at the heart of the Hurricanes’ new attitude on D, writes the Miami Herald.
- Some bad blood between two Syracuse quarterbacks has been smoothed over, writes The Post-Standard.
- The competition for playing time in Pitt’s backfield is heating up, writes the Tribune-Review.
- FSU's Eddie Goldman has shed some pounds and is looking much better, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Jameis Winston took advantage of a Florida fan’s autograph request, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Former Georgia Tech walk-on Robert Godhigh is now pushing for a spot in the NFL, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Last week, I asked NC State coach Dave Doeren what he learned in his first year on the job. One of his answers: The ACC has some really good receivers. Athlon Sports has its list of top receivers on the rise for 2014, and several in the ACC get nods.
- Travis Barnes and Jordan Leggett are committed to getting better during Clemson’s spring practice, writes The State.
- James Quick is looking to emulate one of Louisville’s best former receivers this year, writes The Courier-Journal.
Two more weeks ...
- The AP's Jimmy Golen offers five things to watch at BC this season.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is out 3-4 weeks with an MCL injury.
- Duke's iPad investment is paying dividends, Laura Keeley writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- FSU receiver Kelvin Benjamin is finally looking past the hype, Coley Harvey writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Georgia Tech is closing in on the end of camp, Ken Sugiura writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Maryland defensive back Milan Collins suffered his season-ending ankle fracture while horsing around, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami has granted defensive lineman Jalen Grimble his release, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- UNC linebacker Jeff Schoettmer might go from walk-on to starter, Harold Gutmann writes in the (Durham) Herald-Sun.
- Former NC State corner David Amerson took a different path than his brother Noah, but they both look out for each other, Kent Babb writes in the Washington Post.
- Pitt linebacker Todd Thomas is easing back into drills, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse tight end Beckett Wales did not practice Wednesday, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia freshman running back Taquan Mizzell is not afraid of the hype, Norm Wood writes in the (Newport News) Daily Press.
- Virginia Tech receivers are looking to eliminate drops, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Josh Harris' focus is his team after his return to Wake Forest, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
FSU Coach Explains Why Winston Went Unpunished
12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET UCLA Virginia 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 3:30 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State