Florida State Seminoles: Jordan Leggett
Well, this rule ought to make games more interesting.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is confident in quarterback Cole Stoudt. So is Tajh Boyd.
- Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden kicks off his booster tour today.
- Georgia Tech back Broderick Snoddy will be racking up the frequent flyer miles with track and football this week.
- Former Louisville defensive tackle Roy Philon is hoping for an NFL shot. Louisville has reportedly signed a $40 million shoe and apparel deal to stay with adidas.
- Two Miami basketball players have turned to football.
- Russell Wilson spoke to NC State football players when he was in town for the spring game.
- Pitt begins the transition to the next phase in the offseason.
- Thumbs up or thumbs down on the new Syracuse uniforms? One fashion expert weighs in.
- Could Greyson Lambert be Virginia football's Joe Harris?
- Former Virginia Tech player Eddie Royal shares what 4/16/07 means to him.
- Freshman Hokies running back Marshawn Williams can pound the rock.
Here are Ernest Hemingway’s recommended readings for aspiring writers. I’ve never read any of them, but I’ve seen a few of the movies. That counts, right?
- Virginia Tech opens spring practice today. The Roanoke Times offers five key questions facing the Hokies.
- Mark Leal spent the offseason haunted by his poor bowl performance. Now he’s ready to take over the No. 1 job, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s been a winding road to get here, but former North Carolina running back A.J. Blue is poised for the NFL, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Miami has a new mentality on defense, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- Defensive end Ufomba Kamalu is at the heart of the Hurricanes’ new attitude on D, writes the Miami Herald.
- Some bad blood between two Syracuse quarterbacks has been smoothed over, writes The Post-Standard.
- The competition for playing time in Pitt’s backfield is heating up, writes the Tribune-Review.
- FSU's Eddie Goldman has shed some pounds and is looking much better, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Jameis Winston took advantage of a Florida fan’s autograph request, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Former Georgia Tech walk-on Robert Godhigh is now pushing for a spot in the NFL, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Last week, I asked NC State coach Dave Doeren what he learned in his first year on the job. One of his answers: The ACC has some really good receivers. Athlon Sports has its list of top receivers on the rise for 2014, and several in the ACC get nods.
- Travis Barnes and Jordan Leggett are committed to getting better during Clemson’s spring practice, writes The State.
- James Quick is looking to emulate one of Louisville’s best former receivers this year, writes The Courier-Journal.
Two more weeks ...
- The AP's Jimmy Golen offers five things to watch at BC this season.
- Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett is out 3-4 weeks with an MCL injury.
- Duke's iPad investment is paying dividends, Laura Keeley writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- FSU receiver Kelvin Benjamin is finally looking past the hype, Coley Harvey writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Georgia Tech is closing in on the end of camp, Ken Sugiura writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Maryland defensive back Milan Collins suffered his season-ending ankle fracture while horsing around, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami has granted defensive lineman Jalen Grimble his release, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- UNC linebacker Jeff Schoettmer might go from walk-on to starter, Harold Gutmann writes in the (Durham) Herald-Sun.
- Former NC State corner David Amerson took a different path than his brother Noah, but they both look out for each other, Kent Babb writes in the Washington Post.
- Pitt linebacker Todd Thomas is easing back into drills, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse tight end Beckett Wales did not practice Wednesday, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia freshman running back Taquan Mizzell is not afraid of the hype, Norm Wood writes in the (Newport News) Daily Press.
- Virginia Tech receivers are looking to eliminate drops, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Josh Harris' focus is his team after his return to Wake Forest, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Freshman Quarterbacks A Growing Trend?
TBD South Carolina North Carolina TBD Duke Tulane TBD Alcorn State Georgia Tech TBD Elon Wake Forest
TBD Maine Boston College TBD Wofford Clemson TBD Texas State Florida St TBD Bethune-Cookman Miami (FL) TBD Troy North Carolina State TBD Youngstown State Pittsburgh TBD Rhode Island Syracuse TBD Virginia UCLA TBD Louisville Auburn