Florida State Seminoles: Doug Flutie
ACC hoops media days already? Time flies.
- Doug Flutie is impressed with Steve Addazio's work at Boston College so far, Jack McCluskey writes on ESPNBoston.com.
- Clemson is preparing to stop the press against Florida State, Mandrallius Robinson writes in the Greenville News.
- Duke dials it up in its rivalry with Virginia, Steve Wiseman writes in the (Durham) Herald-Sun.
- The ACC is poised for the biggest game in its history, Corey Clark writes in USA Today.
- The status of Georgia Tech offensive tackle Ray Beno's foot remains unclear.
- Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown is ready to go after missing last week with a concussion, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Walter Tucker will not play and Rashawn Scott is doubtful for Miami's game Thursday at UNC, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- The (Raleigh) News & Observer's Andrew Carter looks at what led North Carolina to its worst start in six seasons.
- Pitt's Aaron Donald is building a reputation through his play, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse is being cautious with Dyshawn Davis, while George Morris is likely doubtful, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia quarterback David Watford's confidence and production are on the rise, Mark Giannotto writes in the Washington Post.
- Jim Grobe says his Wake Forest team is raring to go, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Hey there, gang.
- ACC coaches talk to AthlonSports anonymously about conference foes.
- Six ACC games make Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde's list of the 25 most intriguing this fall.
- BC Interruption's A.J. Black catches up with Doug Flutie.
- Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables eyes a bump in Year 2, Ed McGranahan writes in The (Columbia) State.
- Duke carries a new mindset in 2013, Laura Keeley writes in the Charlotte Observer.
- Florida State reports to camp Monday, Coley Harvey writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Brandon Gaudin is the new voice of the Yellow Jackets.
- Stefon Diggs and his brother get motivation from their late father, Aron, Jeff Barker writes in the Baltimore Sun.
- New Miami offensive coordinator James Coley is putting a personal touch on an already potent offense, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- North Carolina's offensive line needs to come together fast, Andrew Carter writes in the Charlotte Observer.
- NC State running back Shadrach Thornton has a court date on a misdemeanor assault charge, Joe Giglio writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Competitive nature has fueled Pitt's quarterback derby, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- A rare disorder of the esophagus kept Syracuse's Julian Whigham from eating, nearly ending his career, Michael Cohen writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- The (Charlottesville) Daily Progress' Jerry Ratcliffe says that hope is alive at Virginia, which thinks it can build a powerhouse off homegrown talent.
- Virginia Tech opens camp without kicker Brooks Abbott (transfer) and fullback Riley Beiro, whose career is over because of medical reasons, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Jim Grobe and Tanner Price aren't hung up on statistics, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Scene and Heard: Top 10 Predictions
TBD Wofford Georgia Tech TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Boston College Massachusetts TBD James Madison Maryland TBD Elon Duke TBD Georgia Southern North Carolina State TBD Liberty North Carolina TBD Delaware Pittsburgh TBD UCLA Virginia TBD William & Mary Virginia Tech 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State