Florida State Seminoles: Brandon Watts
RIP “Community.” Bummer. I think this sums up my feelings on its cancellation.
- As the off-field issues surrounding Jameis Winston mount, writes the USA Today, so, too, does the concern for the Heisman winner.
- With 18 players taken in the last two drafts, Florida State set a school record, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- At the spring meetings this week, the ACC’s leaders need to show they can adjust to a changing college football landscape, writes the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The long wait was stressful for former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd, but he’s happy to join the Jets, writes The State.
- Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu should be an excellent fit in San Diego, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- As From the Rumble Seat notes, Attaochu’s selection represented just the second player recruited by Paul Johnson to be selected in the NFL draft. Jemea Thomas and Brandon Watts added to that total in the later rounds.
- The Triangle provided its share of defensive backs in this year’s NFL draft, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Teddy Bridgewater is sticking with his No. 5 jersey in the NFL, writes the Courier-Journal.
- Virginia Tech is spending big on its new indoor practice facility, writes SI.com.
Let me be ...
- Frank Beamer's new book, "Let Me Be Frank - My Life at Virginia Tech," is well worth the read, writes David Teel.
- Virginia Tech tailback J.C. Coleman says he'll definitely be ready for Bama.
- UNC is confident its defense can and will be better.
- Pitt freshman running back James Conner thinks he'll be the starter against FSU.
- Panthers' right tackle T.J. Clemmings is trying to hang onto a starting job.
- Clemson thinks it has some pretty good receivers -- and it does.
- Syracuse has named its captains for the season.
- Today's the big day: Jimbo Fisher says he'll make a decision on a starting quarterback after today's practice.
- Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown needed a break to rest his arm.
- Virginia receiver Tim Smith is ready to show his blazin' speed.
- The quarterbacks continue to be the most intriguing plotline at Syracuse.
- A Miami running back is no longer on the team.
- Georgia Tech linebacker Brandon Watts has found another gear.
Drive Through: Projecting the Playoff Field
12:30 PM ET South Carolina State 16 Clemson 3:30 PM ET Richmond Virginia 4:00 PM ET Georgia Tech Tulane 6:00 PM ET Old Dominion North Carolina State 6:30 PM ET Gardner-Webb Wake Forest 7:00 PM ET Murray State Louisville 7:00 PM ET Florida A&M Miami (FL) 7:00 PM ET Duke Troy 7:30 PM ET Citadel 1 Florida State 8:00 PM ET San Diego State 23 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 5 Ohio State