Florida State Seminoles: Brandon Gaudin
September, 10, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Welcome to the NFL, Chip.
- AthlonSports' Steven Lassan unveils his Week 2 ACC power rankings.
- The (Newport News) Daily Press' David Teel puts the ACC's first two weeks into perspective.
- Steve Addazio likes the way BC progressed from Week 1 to Week 2, ESPNBoston.com's Jack McCluskey writes.
- Clemson has mapped a plan for treating Roderick McDowell's concussion, Mandrallius Robinson writes in the Greenville News.
- The Raleigh News & Observer's Laura Keeley looks back at the weekend that was for Duke.
- USA Today's Paul Myerberg looks at if FSU's Jameis Winston is this year's Johnny Manziel.
- The New York Times' Mike Tierney profiles Georgia Tech's new voice, 29-year-old Brandon Gaudin.
- Maryland corner Will Likely has a big opportunity ahead, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami celebrated a cathartic win Saturday in fun fashion, Yahoo! Sports' Eric Adelson writes.
- Chapel Hill will host a block party the night of UNC's Oct. 17 game against Miami, Andrew Carter writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- NC State kicker Niklas Sade is a Lou Groza star of the week.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Sam Werner has notes from Pitt coach Paul Chryst's presser previewing this week's game against New Mexico.
- Riley Dixon will start at punter for Syracuse in its home opener against Wagner, Michael Cohen writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Virginia quarterback David Watford endured a painful education Saturday, Doug Doughty writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- The Virginian Pilot's Andy Bitter reveals five thoughts on the Hokies after their Week 2 win.
- Wake Forest has no option but to improve, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Hey there, gang.
- ACC coaches talk to AthlonSports anonymously about conference foes.
- Six ACC games make Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde's list of the 25 most intriguing this fall.
- BC Interruption's A.J. Black catches up with Doug Flutie.
- Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables eyes a bump in Year 2, Ed McGranahan writes in The (Columbia) State.
- Duke carries a new mindset in 2013, Laura Keeley writes in the Charlotte Observer.
- Florida State reports to camp Monday, Coley Harvey writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Brandon Gaudin is the new voice of the Yellow Jackets.
- Stefon Diggs and his brother get motivation from their late father, Aron, Jeff Barker writes in the Baltimore Sun.
- New Miami offensive coordinator James Coley is putting a personal touch on an already potent offense, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- North Carolina's offensive line needs to come together fast, Andrew Carter writes in the Charlotte Observer.
- NC State running back Shadrach Thornton has a court date on a misdemeanor assault charge, Joe Giglio writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Competitive nature has fueled Pitt's quarterback derby, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- A rare disorder of the esophagus kept Syracuse's Julian Whigham from eating, nearly ending his career, Michael Cohen writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- The (Charlottesville) Daily Progress' Jerry Ratcliffe says that hope is alive at Virginia, which thinks it can build a powerhouse off homegrown talent.
- Virginia Tech opens camp without kicker Brooks Abbott (transfer) and fullback Riley Beiro, whose career is over because of medical reasons, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Jim Grobe and Tanner Price aren't hung up on statistics, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.
Scene and Heard: Top 10 Predictions
TBD Wofford Georgia Tech TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Boston College Massachusetts TBD James Madison Maryland TBD Elon Duke TBD Georgia Southern North Carolina State TBD Liberty North Carolina TBD Delaware Pittsburgh TBD UCLA Virginia TBD William & Mary Virginia Tech 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State