Tuesday, July 16, 2013
2015 ESPN 300 targets: Florida State
By Corey Dowlar
NoleNation takes a look at some of the most wanted prospects in the ESPN Junior 300 for Florida State.
1. CB Kevin Toliver II (Jacksonville, Fla./Trinity Christian Academy) 6-foot-1, 183 pounds ESPN 300 rank: 2
A commitment to LSU since last November, there are no immediate signs that Toliver will leave his Tigers pledge. But Florida State continues to recruit him heavily -- and it should, given his tremendous ability.
2. WR George Campbell (Tarpon Springs, Fla./East Lake)
6-4, 185 ESPN 300 rank: 3
For his class, there might not be a more athletic receiver at Campbell's 6-foot-4 size in the country. Campbell can jump through the roof and has great speed to go along with it.
2015 ESPN 300
College programs aren't the only ones scouting the Class of 2015. After hitting the camp circuits and watching hours and hours of tape, our scouts rank the 2015 prospects. ESPN Junior 300
Ivey is all set to become one of the most highly-recruited players among offensive linemen in the country. He's already got a great list of offers, and he could end up being the top offensive tackle in the country when it's all said and done.
4. OLB Jeffrey Holland (Jacksonville, Fla./Trinity Christian Academy) 6-2, 215 ESPN 300 rank: 13
A teammate of Toliver's, Holland stands out on a team that has several stars. He's got a great offer list and stands 6-foot-2, 226 pounds.
One of the top defensive tackle prospects in the country already, and he has a lot of offers to back it up. Moton will be tough to pull away from SEC programs, particularly his home state LSU.
7. DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen Saint Mary, Fla./Baker County) 6-5, 260 ESPN 300 rank: 48
Has one of the best-looking offer lists of any player in the state of Florida. All the big boys are in on Jefferson already.
8. ATH Kerryon Johnson (Madison, Ala./Madison Academy) 6-1, 175 ESPN 300 rank: 62
Florida State targeted Johnson early on in the process and was one of his first offers. Now Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and South Carolina are in on him, too.
9. DE Garrett Williams (Orlando, Fla./First Academy) 6-4, 203 ESPN 300 rank: 200
Williams has plenty of ties to Florida State, and the Seminoles have already offered him. He's a capable tight end and defensive end, but his future probably lies on defense.
10. ATH Jacques Patrick (Orlando, Fla./Timber Creek) 6-2, 190 ESPN 300 rank: 231
Patrick has one of the most expansive offer lists of any prospect in the country regardless of class. He's a big power back on offense and could play defense, but he has a preference to be a ball carrier.