ACC's lunchtime links
February, 20, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
At long last, Bonnaroo is finally bringing Kanye, Elton John, Lionel Richie and Skrillex together in one place. Our long national nightmare is over.
- Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater will be one of the most watched players at the NFL combine, but he’s not sure he’ll throw, writes the Courier-Journal.
- It’s been a long road back to full health for Virginia Tech corner Antone Exum, but he’s ready to put on a show at the NFL combine, writes The Roanoke Times.
- Jameis Winston-mania has made its way over to the baseball field, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Miami landed two new 300-pound commitments for 2015, writes the Miami Herald.
- Former Syracuse DT Jay Bromley has something to prove at the NFL combine, writes The Post-Standard.
- Clemson has sent three underclassmen receivers to the NFL in the past two seasons, making wideout a position of emphasis on the recruiting trail, writes The State.
- A Clemson grad is helping Tajh Boyd, Martavis Bryant and Bashaud Breeland get ready for the NFL combine, writes The Post and Courier.
- UVa’s Morgan Moses figures to have some tough questions to answer when he gets in front of NFL GMs, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Virginia is looking for a new strength coach, writes The Roanoke Times.
- An assistant coach hired during the Michael Haywood debacle in 2011 is suing Pitt, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The Panthers have a new receivers coach with an NFL pedigree, writes the Post-Gazette.
- Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu has his work cut out for him at the combine, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- A Boston College grad made some history in an indoor football game, writes BC Interruption.
- Four ACC quarterbacks are among the litany of QBs transferring in search of playing time this offseason. SI.com wonders why it’s happening in such large numbers.
College Football Top Plays Week 4
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23