ACC's lunchtime links
February, 6, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
The links have you covered for lunchtime, but if you’re looking to kill your whole afternoon, might I suggest Rolling Stone’s list of the 50 greatest “Saturday Night Live” sketches of all time.
- Some strong late additions assured Florida State another top-five recruiting class, writes the Palm Beach Post.
- A trio of receivers highlighted Florida State’s haul on Wednesday, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- FSU swiped one of those receivers from Virginia Tech, ensuring both the Seminoles and Hokies wound up in USA Today’s winners and losers list.
- In spite of its losses to FSU, Virginia Tech still secured an influx of offensive firepower with this year’s class, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Duke’s back-to-back bowl bids helped ensure one of its strongest signing classes, writes the Duke Chronicle.
- Louisville’s Reggie Bonnafon had to battle the elements to get his letter of intent faxed Wednesday, writes the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Bobby Petrino insists he’s pleased with his first signing class since returning as Louisville’s head coach, but the rankings still have the Cardinals near the bottom of the ACC.
- It’s been an ongoing war of words for South Carolina and Clemson, but both had winning sales pitches on the recruiting trail, writes the Post & Courier.
- Local product Jae’lon Oglesby hopes to make an instant impact for Clemson, writes The State.
- The AJC talks with Paul Johnson after Georgia Tech’s 21-player class was completed.
- As expected, there was little drama for Pitt on national signing day, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Virginia landed a solid class, but the Richmond Times-Dispatch wonders if Mike London will be around long enough to enjoy it.
- Syracuse brought in a deep group of receivers with this year’s class, writes The Post-Standard.
- The Orange will also get injured receiver Adrian Flemming back for a fifth season, writes the Troy Nunes blog.
- Miami’s pass rush figures to get a big boost from the Class of 2014, writes the Miami Herald.
- And, of course, Miami wins signing day thanks to the presence of ‘90s movie royalty. Now, Al Golden needs to hope Brad Kaaya’s mom isn’t constantly trying to borrow his VCR to dub a tape.
- Boston College’s recruiting class was fine, but the big boost comes from a pair of Florida transfers, writes the Boston Herald.
- NC State’s signing day haul fills a lot of needs and follows Dave Doeren’s “blueprint,” writes the Raleigh News & Observer.
- A lot of time and effort brought a strong class to fruition for Larry Fedora and UNC on Wednesday, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Dave Clawson calls his first recruiting class a “full team” at Wake Forest, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Athlon looks at 10 members of this year’s signing class likely to make an instant impact -- with a couple ACC players included.
Florida State Preparing For Rose Bowl
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State