ACC's lunchtime links
February, 6, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
The links have you covered for lunchtime, but if you’re looking to kill your whole afternoon, might I suggest Rolling Stone’s list of the 50 greatest “Saturday Night Live” sketches of all time.
- Some strong late additions assured Florida State another top-five recruiting class, writes the Palm Beach Post.
- A trio of receivers highlighted Florida State’s haul on Wednesday, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- FSU swiped one of those receivers from Virginia Tech, ensuring both the Seminoles and Hokies wound up in USA Today’s winners and losers list.
- In spite of its losses to FSU, Virginia Tech still secured an influx of offensive firepower with this year’s class, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Duke’s back-to-back bowl bids helped ensure one of its strongest signing classes, writes the Duke Chronicle.
- Louisville’s Reggie Bonnafon had to battle the elements to get his letter of intent faxed Wednesday, writes the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Bobby Petrino insists he’s pleased with his first signing class since returning as Louisville’s head coach, but the rankings still have the Cardinals near the bottom of the ACC.
- It’s been an ongoing war of words for South Carolina and Clemson, but both had winning sales pitches on the recruiting trail, writes the Post & Courier.
- Local product Jae’lon Oglesby hopes to make an instant impact for Clemson, writes The State.
- The AJC talks with Paul Johnson after Georgia Tech’s 21-player class was completed.
- As expected, there was little drama for Pitt on national signing day, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Virginia landed a solid class, but the Richmond Times-Dispatch wonders if Mike London will be around long enough to enjoy it.
- Syracuse brought in a deep group of receivers with this year’s class, writes The Post-Standard.
- The Orange will also get injured receiver Adrian Flemming back for a fifth season, writes the Troy Nunes blog.
- Miami’s pass rush figures to get a big boost from the Class of 2014, writes the Miami Herald.
- And, of course, Miami wins signing day thanks to the presence of ‘90s movie royalty. Now, Al Golden needs to hope Brad Kaaya’s mom isn’t constantly trying to borrow his VCR to dub a tape.
- Boston College’s recruiting class was fine, but the big boost comes from a pair of Florida transfers, writes the Boston Herald.
- NC State’s signing day haul fills a lot of needs and follows Dave Doeren’s “blueprint,” writes the Raleigh News & Observer.
- A lot of time and effort brought a strong class to fruition for Larry Fedora and UNC on Wednesday, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Dave Clawson calls his first recruiting class a “full team” at Wake Forest, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Athlon looks at 10 members of this year’s signing class likely to make an instant impact -- with a couple ACC players included.
Jameis Winston SportsCenter conversation
TBD South Carolina North Carolina TBD Duke Tulane TBD Alcorn State Georgia Tech TBD Elon Wake Forest
TBD Maine Boston College TBD Wofford Clemson TBD Texas State Florida St TBD Bethune-Cookman Miami (FL) TBD Troy North Carolina State TBD Youngstown State Pittsburgh TBD Rhode Island Syracuse TBD Virginia UCLA TBD Louisville Auburn