ACC announces 2014 schedule
Defending national champion Florida State will start the first season of the College Football Playoff on Aug. 30 at Cowboys Stadium, where the Seminoles will face Oklahoma State in the sixth annual Cowboys Classic. It also happens to be the site of the final game of the season, as Arlington, Texas, is where the new College Football Playoff will crown its first champion on Jan. 12, 2015.
Some of the ACC schedule's highlights include:
- Miami will travel to Louisville on Labor Day night.
- Notre Dame will play North Carolina, Syracuse, Louisville and Florida State.
- Week 1 also includes Clemson at Georgia and UCLA at Virginia.
- Five nationally televised Thursday night games, including Virginia Tech at Pitt (Oct. 16); Miami at Virginia Tech (Oct. 23); Florida State at Louisville (Oct. 30); and Clemson at Wake Forest (Nov. 6). The final 2014 ACC Thursday night contest on ESPN will have North Carolina traveling to Duke on Nov. 20.
- Three nationally televised Friday night games, including Virginia Tech hosting Virginia (ABC, ESPN or ESPN2) on the Friday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 28. The Hokies and Cavaliers previously played on Thanksgiving Friday in 1996. Boston College will also host Pitt (ESPN or ESPN2) on Sept. 5 and Louisville will play at Syracuse (ESPN or ESPN2) on Oct. 3.
- ACC teams will play nine games against teams from the final 2014 Associated Press poll (No. 4 South Carolina, No. 12 Ohio State, No. 16 UCLA, No. 17 Oklahoma State, No. 19 USC and No. 20 Notre Dame).
Here's what we like about this schedule, aside from the fact it came out unusually early this year: great rivalries to end the season (including Louisville-Kentucky), another Labor Day matchup and a strong nonconference lineup that includes the likes of Ohio State, South Carolina and UCLA. We're going to break it all down -- lots -- between now and Aug. 30, so stay tuned.
Florida State Seminoles, Louisville Cardinals, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, North Carolina Tar Heels, Clemson Tigers, Maryland Terrapins, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, ACC, Boston College Eagles, Duke Blue Devils, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Miami (FL) Hurricanes
College Football Minute
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Noles247.com retweeted
- DeionSanders retweeted
- Noles247.com retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 4:00 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State