ACC's lunchtime links
January, 8, 2014
By David M. Hale | ESPN.com
“Polar vortex” sounds so much more fun than it actually is.
- The Tallahassee Democrat digs into Florida State’s game-winning drive in the BCS championship.
- Jameis Winston was booted from a practice leading up to the title game, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Florida State’s national championship was the crown jewel in a breakthrough season for the ACC, writes Joe Giglio of the Charlotte Observer.
- Louisville’s coaching search could be drawing to a close, writes the Courier-Journal.
- BCS bowl win or another state championship? Better schedule or biggest win? The Clemson-South Carolina debate rages on, writes The State.
- Georgia Tech added one of the state’s top running backs — at long last, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- The jump to the ACC added some serious value to Syracuse’s athletics program, writes The Post-Standard. Though it’s interesting that in the study cited, no ACC team ranks higher than No. 22 overall, and the conference has just two programs in the top 30.
- It’s still a waiting game on Denzel Perryman and Anthony Chickillo at Miami after both players received their NFL advisory board projections, writes the Miami Herald.
- Could BC defensive coordinator Don Brown be leaving for UMass? BC Interruption considers the possibility.
- The Roanoke Times laments another flubbed opportunity at Virginia after Anthony Poindexter bolted for a job at UConn.
Overvalued And Undervalued
12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 4:00 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State