ACC lunchtime links
- All Florida State did Thursday was travel to North Carolina, but the Seminoles still moved into prime position for a spot in the BCS championship game and a Heisman in their trophy room, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- FSU still has to win out to make it to Pasadena, and they’ll get a test Saturday with Terrence Brooks out with a concussion. Jimbo Fisher expects to use two freshman safeties against Wake Forest, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- For Virginia Tech, success is all about cutting down on the turnovers, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s the Hokies’ defense that has Miami’s attention, writes the Miami Herald.
- Cornerback Kyle Fuller is expected to play against the Hurricanes, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Wake Forest fans hoping to see Michael Campanaro play in the regular-season finale shouldn’t get their hopes up, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Syracuse figures to catch a break this week, as Maryland linebacker Cole Farrand is expected to miss Saturday’s game, writes The Post-Standard.
- Maryland shelled out $3,000 to a PR firm to try to boost enthusiasm for the move to the Big Ten, the Baltimore Sun reported.
- Tar Heel Blog considers what the North Carolina offense might look like moving forward with Marquise Williams.
- Boston College center Andy Gallik has been a crucial ingredient in the Eagles’ offensive success this season, writes The Boston Herald.
- Pitt’s improving defense figures to get a good test against Notre Dame’s pro-style offense this week, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders if Georgia Tech still has a realistic shot at winning the Coastal Division.
- Quarterback play will be crucial in NC State’s game against Duke, writes the Duke Report.
Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, North Carolina Tar Heels, Maryland Terrapins, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, ACC, Boston College Eagles, Duke Blue Devils, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Florida State, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Terrence Brooks, Kyle Fuller, Michael Campanaro, Marquise Williams, Cole Farrand, Andy Gallik
Paul Finebaum: Sophomore Slump for Jameis Winston?
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Seminoles.com retweeted
- Seminoles.com retweeted
- Chris Weinke retweeted
- Coley Harvey retweeted
- David Hale retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 4:00 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty 23 North Carolina 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State