For all those Florida State fans booking flights to Pasadena today, I recommend flying into the Burbank Airport rather than LAX.
- All Florida State did Thursday was travel to North Carolina, but the Seminoles still moved into prime position for a spot in the BCS championship game and a Heisman in their trophy room, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- FSU still has to win out to make it to Pasadena, and they’ll get a test Saturday with Terrence Brooks out with a concussion. Jimbo Fisher expects to use two freshman safeties against Wake Forest, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- For Virginia Tech, success is all about cutting down on the turnovers, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s the Hokies’ defense that has Miami’s attention, writes the Miami Herald.
- Cornerback Kyle Fuller is expected to play against the Hurricanes, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Wake Forest fans hoping to see Michael Campanaro play in the regular-season finale shouldn’t get their hopes up, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Syracuse figures to catch a break this week, as Maryland linebacker Cole Farrand is expected to miss Saturday’s game, writes The Post-Standard.
- Maryland shelled out $3,000 to a PR firm to try to boost enthusiasm for the move to the Big Ten, the Baltimore Sun reported.
- Tar Heel Blog considers what the North Carolina offense might look like moving forward with Marquise Williams.
- Boston College center Andy Gallik has been a crucial ingredient in the Eagles’ offensive success this season, writes The Boston Herald.
- Pitt’s improving defense figures to get a good test against Notre Dame’s pro-style offense this week, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders if Georgia Tech still has a realistic shot at winning the Coastal Division.
- Quarterback play will be crucial in NC State’s game against Duke, writes the Duke Report.
Five Programs Expecting 2014 Boost
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35