ACC lunchtime links
- Jimbo Fisher won’t say whether he was responsible for one of the three first-place votes Florida State received in the USA Today Coaches Poll, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- After FSU’s big win over Miami, Fisher is getting some encouraging feedback from recruits, writes Tomahawk Nation.
- Brent Venables likes the direction of Clemson’s defense after it handled Virginia, writes TigerNet.com.
- With Duke Johnson’s season over, Dallas Crawford is eager to pick up the slack at tailback, writes the Miami Herald.
- Logan Thomas has coughed up the football eight times during Virginia Tech’s consecutive losses, but his job isn’t in jeopardy, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch. For the season, Thomas is responsible for 14 of the Hokies’ 15 turnovers (12 interceptions, two fumbles).
- After another surprising win, Boston College QB Chase Rettig is quieting the doubters with his solid play, writes The Heights. Rettig has floated beneath the radar a bit because of Andre Williams’ big season, but he’s thrown just four INTs all year (after throwing 13 in 2012).
- From the Rumble Seat digs deeper into the box score after Georgia Tech’s decisive win over Pittsburgh.
- At Pitt, however, big questions loom for an offense that appears to have lost its way, writes The Post-Gazette. In its first three games against FBS teams, Pitt averaged 40 points and 474 yards of offense. In its last four, it's averaged 13 points and 244 yards of offense.
- In what has been something of a season-long storyline, the quarterback position is still a question mark at NC State, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Syracuse credits a rousing speech from Donovan McNabb as inspiration before a win over Wake Forest, writes The Post-Standard.
- Virginia will be without cornerback Demetrious Nicholson for the remainder of the season, writes the Roanoke Times.
Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Clemson Tigers, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Tech Hokies, ACC, Boston College Eagles, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Florida State, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Logan Thomas, Duke Johnson, Demetrious Nicholson, Chase Rettig, Andre Williams, Dallas Crawford
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Warchant.com retweeted
- FSU Football retweeted
- D.C. Reeves retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
TBD South Carolina North Carolina TBD Duke Tulane TBD Alcorn State Georgia Tech TBD Elon Wake Forest
TBD Maine Boston College TBD Wofford Clemson TBD Texas State Florida St TBD Bethune-Cookman Miami (FL) TBD Troy North Carolina State TBD Youngstown State Pittsburgh TBD Rhode Island Syracuse TBD Virginia UCLA TBD Louisville Auburn