ACC's lunchtime links
- Florida State could be without Tyler Hunter for a while, but the Orlando Sentinel writes that freshman Jalen Ramsey did a solid job filling in at safety last week against Boston College.
- Maryland's D has been exceptional thus far, but it will have its hands full with FSU quarterback Jameis Winston, writes the Baltimore Sun. Bonus from the Sun: Maryland native and FSU alum Darnell Dockett talks some trash.
- Duke Johnson is good at many things, but as the Miami Herald writes, he hasn't helped the Hurricanes' struggles in short yardage.
- Georgia Tech defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu is ready to take on Miami's pro-style offense, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- NC State hasn't won at Wake Forest since 2001, but Dave Doeren has been reminding his team what it takes to overcome history, writes the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Wake Forest tight end Spencer Bishop has seen worse than what the Deacons are going through this year, and he's convinced his team can turn things around, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Syracuse's freshman quarterbacks have gotten the difficult task of simulating Tajh Boyd for the scout team this week, writes The Post-Standard.
- UNC offensive coordinator Blake Anderson says QB Bryn Renner has played well so far and chalked up his miscues against ECU to excessive sweat, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- If Renner was sweating against ECU, the prospect of facing this Virginia Tech defense should have him drenched. As the Roanoke Times writes, the Hokies have an embarrassment of riches on D.
- The Boston Herald looks back at a memorable Boston College-Army game from 25 years ago in Dublin.
- Clemson expects to redshirt its top recruit from 2013, writes The State.
- Duke WR Johnell Barnes hurt his hand in a bar fight with a Duke lacrosse player, according to the News & Observer.
- The depth chart has gotten a makeover at Virginia, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Pitt QB Tom Savage is taking it easy this week after dealing with concussion symptoms, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Athlon makes its Week 6 picks around the ACC.
Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, North Carolina Tar Heels, Clemson Tigers, Maryland Terrapins, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, ACC, Boston College Eagles, Duke Blue Devils, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Florida State, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Jameis Winston, johnell barnes, Tajh Boyd, Tyler Hunter, Jeremiah Attaochu, Bryn Renner, Duke Johnson, jalen ramsey, Tom Savage, Spencer Bishop
NOLENATION RECRUITING NEWS
FSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- FSU Football retweeted
- ESPN ACC retweeted
- Tim Brewster retweeted
2014 ACC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Delaware Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET UCLA Virginia 12:30 PM ET Wofford Georgia Tech 12:30 PM ET Georgia Southern North Carolina State 3:00 PM ET Boston College Massachusetts 3:30 PM ET William & Mary Virginia Tech 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 6:00 PM ET Elon Duke 6:00 PM ET Liberty North Carolina 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State