- David M. Hale, College football
- 0 Shares
It was about as uninspiring a 54-6 win as is possible, so there wasn't a ton of movement on this week's power rankings. (Last week's position in parentheses.)
1. QB Jameis Winston (1): His first TD throw to Kelvin Benjamin was a thing of beauty, but Winston insists he'll be in trouble for it during film study. Winston, however, was looking on the bright side. "I had to at least throw a touchdown while I get yelled at in the film room," he said.
2. CB Lamarcus Joyner (3): Joyner had three tackles. Bethune-Cookman threw for just 60 yards. Easy as it gets.
3. RB Devonta Freeman (8): The big mover of the week, Freeman racked up his second straight 100-yard game. Freeman is averaging nearly 10 yards a carry so far this season, and none of his 28 rushes has gone for a loss.
4. WR Rashad Greene (2): He flubbed what would've been a long touchdown pass from Winston, but he still managed to haul in his next chance, a 19-yard score that put FSU up 40-0.
5. WR Kenny Shaw (5): Three games, 279 receiving yards. It could've been more, as Shaw chipped on on the drop-fest by FSU's receivers Saturday, but he's been incredibly reliable thus far.
6. LB Telvin Smith (6): Few regulars were on the field for the defense through much of the game, but Smith was the exception. He finished with five tackles and a 68-yard interception return for a touchdown -- FSU's first defensive score in nearly a year.
7. DT Timmy Jernigan (7): Assisted on one tackle, but aside from that, Saturday was a quiet game for Jernigan.
9. S Terrence Brooks (9): Five more tackles for Brooks, who continues to be consistent, if under-appreciated.
10. RB Karlos Williams (NR): Perhaps it's crediting Williams too much for his work against second-string defenses from bad teams, but he turned in another stellar performance, running for 83 yards and two TDs on nine carries. Jimbo Fisher says Williams will start seeing a bigger role and earlier touches going forward.
It was about as uninspiring a 54-6 win as is possible, so there wasn't a ton of movement on this week's power rankings. (Last week's position in parentheses.