Florida Gators: power rankings 120512
1. Alabama (12-1; last week: 1): No, Alabama wasn't perfect in its 32-28 victory against Georgia in the SEC title game, but talk about resolve. This team trailed by 11 in the second half, but fought back with a punishing running game and just wore down one of the most talented defenses around to throw itself into the Discover BCS National Championship against Notre Dame. The Crimson Tide will now play for their second national championship in a row, and third in four years.
2. Florida (11-1; LW: 3): The Gators didn't win their division and weren't in Atlanta, but it's hard to find a team with a better résumé. Florida finished the season with four wins against teams currently ranked in the top 12 of the BCS standings. Three of them are in the top 10. Florida is headed to a BCS bowl for the first time since 2009. The Gators will face Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
3. Georgia (11-2; LW: 2): You have to feel for the Bulldogs after their heartbreaking loss to Alabama in the Georgia Dome. The offense, led by a very steady Aaron Murray, played one of its best games and ended up literally being a play away from replacing Alabama in Miami. History won't be kind to this team because it lost the biggest game of the season, but the Bulldogs had a heck of a season. After being counted out because of their blowout loss to South Carolina, the Dawgs cruised into Atlanta with six straight wins, with four coming by an average of 32 points.
4. Texas A&M (10-2; LW: 4): Led by Heisman front-runner Johnny Manziel, the Aggies are headed to the AT&T Cotton Bowl to face Oklahoma in what should be one of the most exciting bowls of the season. Texas A&M has one of the nation's best offenses, and scored 40 or more times seven times this season. The Aggies also registered 600-plus yards of total offense six times. That win against No. 1 Alabama stands out as a major victory for this program.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Aaron Murray, Dan Mullen, James Franklin, Steve Spurrier, Derek Dooley, Marcus Lattimore, Gene Chizik, Gus Malzahn, Hugh Freeze, Zach Mettenberger, Mark Stoops, Joker Phillips, Jim Chaney, David Yost, Johnny Manziel, Bret Bielema, power rankings 120512
ESPN 300 Ranking Motivates Byron Cowart
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Florida Gators Replica Football
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Boise State Ole Miss TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD LSU Wisconsin TBD West Virginia Alabama TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State