Florida Gators: Power rankings 100812
1. Alabama (5-0; LW: 1): The Tide was off last week, so it didn't have a chance to widen its lead on the SEC and the rest of the country. The last thing Alabama's upcoming opponents want is a rested Tide team. I can only imagine the extra work Nick Saban put his team through in order to clean up all those little things.
2. South Carolina (6-0; LW: 4): The Gamecocks completely dominated Georgia over the weekend. South Carolina's offense is extremely balanced and looks like it can just jump on Marcus Lattimore's shoulders at this point. He's just getting stronger and stronger. The defense is smothering up front and stopping that defensive line has been a nightmare for teams. But road games at LSU and Florida will be tough.
3. Florida (5-0; LW: 5): The Gators might not have the most exciting offense, but that defense is tremendous. Florida put a load of pressure on LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger over the weekend and clobbered the Tigers' running game. Behind Mike Gillislee, the Gators pounded LSU with their running game, but the passing game is still a concern. If Florida can get more through the air, this offense could start to really give defenses fits.
4. LSU (5-1; LW: 2): It's obvious that the Tigers can't put everything on their defense. Even with how talented LSU is on the defensive side of the ball, the offense needs major work, especially in the passing game. Mettenberger hasn't come close to living up to the hype and just doesn't look comfortable standing in LSU's pocket. The running game was one of the SEC's best, but was quieted against Florida because there just wasn't the threat to pass. No offensive balance could doom this team.
5. Georgia (5-1; LW: 3): The concern about the defense continues to grow after the Bulldogs' 28-point loss to the Gamecocks. USC was intent on running and Georgia couldn't do anything to stop it, allowing 232 rushing yards. Jarvis Jones has been a non-factor for the past two weeks and Aaron Murray's big-game struggles came right back in Columbia, S.C. The good news is the Bulldogs have the SEC East's easiest schedule from here on out.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Aaron Murray, James Franklin, Tyler Russell, Jarvis Jones, Nick Saban, Marcus Lattimore, Zach Mettenberger, Joker Phillips, Mike Gillislee, Clint Moseley, Kiehl Frazier, Patrick Towles, Ryan Swope, Johnny Manziel, Corbin Berkstresser, Power rankings 100812
College Football Top Plays: Week 13
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
- GatorZone Football retweeted
- Gatorsports.com retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Final Samford 7 14 Auburn 31 Final 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 21 Final Vanderbilt 0 4 Mississippi State 51