Florida Gators: Jordan Richmond
You won't see any change really, but we have more confidence in some teams now than we did before:
1. Alabama: The Crimson Tide hauled in the nation's No. 1 recruiting class last week and not only did Nick Saban sign a handful of top-rated players, but he met all of Alabama's major needs with the 2012 class. There are a few freshmen who could make early impacts in Tuscaloosa, including athlete Eddie Williams (Panama City, Fla./Arnold), and wide receivers Chris Black (Jacksonville, Fla./First Coast) and Amari Cooper (Miami, Fla./Miami Northwestern).
2. LSU: The Tigers' class wasn't as highly rated as some recent ones, but Les Miles and his coaches brought in a solid group and there are a few defense players who might see some playing time early. Three starting linebackers need to be replaced and a few freshmen will get their chances. While LSU lost Torshiro Davis ((Shreveport, La./Woodlawn) flipped to Texas, the Tigers brought in ESPNU 150 linebackers Kwon Alexander (Oxford, Ala.) and Ronnie Feist (Edgard, La./West Saint John).
3. Georgia: The Bulldogs needed to get bigger up front and add a couple of playmaking linebackers. Georgia did just that with the handful of athletic defensive linemen signed and grabbed top outside linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemons (Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes), who should thrive in Todd Grantham's 3-4. Georgia's offense could be even better this fall with Keith Marshall (Raleigh, N.C./Millbrook) helping Isaiah Crowell, and the wide receiver depth returning.
4. South Carolina: Talk about underrated. South Carolina didn't make much noise at all on national signing day, but the Gamecocks brought in a very balanced class and have a few players who should contribute early to a team that will yet again compete for the SEC East title. Two freshmen to keep an eye on in 2012 are wide receiver Shaq Roland (Lexington, S.C.) and safety Chaz Elder (College Park, Ga./Benjamin E. Banneker).
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Keith Marshall, matt jones, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Isaiah Crowell, James Franklin, Tyler Russell, Will Muschamp, Channing Ward, Chaz Elder, Tyler Bray, Stefon Diggs, D.J. Humphries, Nick Saban, Michael Dyer, Henry Josey, Cyrus Gray, Hugh Freeze, Todd Grantham, Josh Clemons, Davonte Neal, Dorial Green-Beckham, Cordarrelle Patterson, Dalton Santos, Kwon Alexander, Thomas Johnson, Otha Peters, Ricardo Louis, Shaq Roland, Torshiro Davis, 020612 Conference rankings, Amari Cooper, Brian Kimbrow, Chis Black, Clint Moseley, Eddie Williams, Issac Gross, Jordan Diamond, Jordan Richmond, Kiehl Frazier, LaDarius Perkins, Morgan Steward, Nick Griffin, Patrick Towles, Quay Evans, Ronnie Feist, Scot Loeffler, Trae Elson, Trey Williams
College Football Minute: Oct. 21
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
- Gatorsports.com retweeted
- Scott Carter retweeted
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41