Florida Gators: Jon Harvey-Clemons
- Alabama's secondary was torched earlier this month when it faced Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M. After rotating players against Colorado State, head coach Nick Saban said the competition at cornerback is ongoing.
- Georgia has a young secondary, with two freshmen (Brendan Langley, Tray Matthews) and a sophomore (Josh Harvey-Clemons) in the starting lineup. They say they are ready for their showdown with LSU.
- LSU will embrace the hostility at Georgia when the teams meet this weekend, when the Tigers will play at an opponent's home stadium for the first time this season.
- After sophomore running back Brian Kimbrow had a tirade on Twitter that was apparently about playing time, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin said he has handled the matter internally.
- Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace is confident in his offense, telling reporters "we can put points" on Alabama when the teams meet.
- A handful of players from Georgia, Georgia Tech and Northwestern wrote the letters "APU" on their football gear over the weekend to make a statement against the NCAA and for players participating in the Ed O'Bannon lawsuit. The National College Players Association has become the key voice in the movement.
- There were several positives to take away from Texas A&M's win over SMU on Saturday.
- With a lot of success on third down in particular, South Carolina's defense showed improvement in its last game against Vanderbilt, Steve Spurrier said.
- Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy made the most out of his opportunity to play when starter Jeff Driskel went down with an injury.
- Kentucky hasn't beaten Florida in its last 26 tries. That's something coach Mark Stoops believes needs to be talked about, but that it can't be the focal point.
- Tennessee quarterback Nathan Peterman will be out up to four weeks after having surgery on his right hand and Tennessee coach Butch Jones says that for now, Justin Worley is the starter. Jones wants to see his quarterbacks eliminate mistakes.
- Missouri used something Gary Pinkel called a "30 defense" in its victory over Indiana on Saturday.
- Arkansas blew a 17-point lead in its loss to Rutgers on Saturday, but coach Bret Bielema said the Razorbacks must move on with Texas A&M coming to town.
- Auburn receiver Jaylon Denson, who tore the patellar tendon in his left leg and is out for the season, vows to come back stronger.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, James Franklin, Justin Worley, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Jeff Driskel, Mark Stoops, Tyler Murphy, Brian Kimbrow, Brendan Langley, Bo Wallace, Tray Matthews, Gary Pinkel, Bret Bielema, Jaylon Denson, Jon Harvey-Clemons, Nate Peterman
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
- Gatorsports.com retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee