Florida Gators: Joe Morrow
- Cyrus Kouandjio says "people misunderstood" Alabama's offensive line after Game 1. But following an impressive showing this past weekend, it's safe to say no one is doubting them now.
- When Auburn and LSU meet this Saturday, it will be a battle of two of the best red-zone offenses in the SEC.
- Brandon Allen hasn't been ruled out yet, but Arkansas' players are rallying around backup quarterback AJ Derby as preparation for Rutgers begins.
- Johnny Manziel's improbable 12-yard heave for a first down against Alabama -- you know the play -- has given Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin a valuable teaching opportunity.
- With Mo Couch indefinitely ineligibile, a pair of Tennessee defensive tackles have a big chance ahead of them.
- Matt Jones looked good in his return to the football field against Miami, but Florida's starting tailback says he was still getting back into the groove. After a bye week to prepare, Jones is eager to get back to form this weekend.
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott was new to starting for the Bulldogs against Auburn, but he quickly found himself a favorite target in Joe Morrow.
- A buzzsaw awaits Ole Miss after a terrific start to the season.
- Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith's much talked about shoulder seems to be healing well and he should be good to go against Florida.
- The numbers are bad. Georgia's run defense is truly a work in progress.
- Les Miles says preparation is key for LSU's defense when it goes up against Auburn's uptempo attack this weekend.
Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M, matt jones, Maxwell Smith, Joe Morrow, Johnny Manziel, Maurice Couch, Brandon Allen, Dak Prescott, Cyrus Kounadjio
On to the league's wide receiver/tight end groups:
1. Tennessee: The Vols are equipped with two of the top wideouts in the league with Da'Rick Rogers, who was second in the SEC in receiving last year, and Justin Hunter, who might be the SEC's top deep threat. It sounds like Hunter will be 100 percent this fall after his ACL injury last year. Junior college transfer Cordarrelle Patterson is big, fast and possesses the big-play gene. The speedy Zach Rogers is back and is so is talented tight end Mychal Rivera.
SEC, Alshon Jeffery, Donte Moncrief, Jonathan Krause, Marquel Wade, Chris Black, Latroy Pittman, Andre Debose, Emory Blake, Tavarres King, Chris Boyd, Hugh Freeze, Jordan Matthews, Nickolas Brassell, Zach Mettenberger, Avery Johnson, Patrick Peterson, Ace Sanders, Joker Phillips, La'Rod King, Marcus Lucas, Chris Conley, Malcolm Mitchell, Marlon Brown, Michael Bennett, Dorial Green-Beckham, Cordarrelle Patterson, Ricardo Louis, Jordan Reed, Shaq Roland, Amari Cooper, Eddie Williams, Damiere Byrd, Justin Hunter, Quinton Dunbar, Chris Smith, Josh Grady, Chad Bumphis, Cobi Hamilton, Da'Rick Rogers, Daryl Collins, Orson Charles, Chase Clement, Chris Gragg, Arceto Clark, Aron White, Arthur Lynch, Brandon Barden, Bruce Ellington, DeAndrew White, DeAngelo Benton, DeAngelo Smith, Duron Carter, Eric Waters, Frankie Hammond Jr., Hutson Prioleau, Ja-Mes Logan, Jamal Mosley, James Wright, Jarvis Landry, Javontee Herndon, Jay Prosch, Joe Morrow, Julian Horton, Justice Cunningham, Kenny Bell, Kevin Norwood, L'Damian Washington, Malcolm Johnson, Michael Egnew, Michael Lamothe, Michael Williams, Mychal Rivera, Nate Askew, Nehemiah Hicks, Odell Beckham Jr., Philip Lutzenkirchen, Randall Mackey, Ronnie Shields, Rory Anderson, Russell Shepard, Terrell Grant, Travante Stallworth, Trovon Reed, Tyler Robinson, Uzoma Nwachukwu, Vince Sanders, Zach Rogers
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Scott Carter retweeted
- Scott Carter retweeted
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee